Thursday, April 30, 2009

more than half way their

So the original goal was to work out 150 times this year. And I think it is safe to say that I will achieve that goal. So far I have 79 "w's" on my calendar for 2009, and it isn't yet officially May! I honestly have to say that i'm proud of myself. Throughout the past 4 months the longest i've gone without the gym was 4 days, and that was back in March, because I had back to back vacations. Besides that, I haven't missed a single workout. I was hoping to get my number of blogs to match my number of workouts but, I didn't have a chance to blog one of the days I was in Austin and did a bunch of walking, that I qualified as a work out. I actually worked out on purpose today because I wanted to do a recap specifically at the end of the month. And well Thursday is usually a day off from the gym, but I've been wanting to try this new class, so I went to the gym today. I did a class called STRIKE, it is a hard core cardio kick boxing class, ...i'm actually still shaking it from it! ...i'll be super sore tomorrow, i can tell you that right now.
i need to really step up my workouts. it is safe to say that i have a good routine going, but the weight just isn't coming off like i want it too. and i know it is my food. i think for the most part i'm eating pretty good, but i'm eating too much. i have horrible portion control. absolutely horrible. What's worse is I know that is my problem, but i'm not really doing too much about it. so i will continue to work on it, as well as try and squeeze in 6 workouts a week. Plus try and make Saturday and Sunday double workout days. I bought some DVD workouts. One of them was a Jillian Michaels workout, ...the one I did in College Station, and it is only 20 minutes. I figure I have 20 minutes extra on the weekends to do an extra workout. The other was a Dancing with the Stars work out. I haven't done that one yet, but I'm hoping it'll be a fun one.
so if anyone out their has any good tips on portion control or food intake, i will gladly take it. i have already done the simple things, ...take out sugary drinks/soda. I seriously only drink water, and i drink water all day long. i eat slow, very slow. both of those habits are ones i've had for a long time.
so sorry this blog was kinda random and all over the place.

4 comments:

Rachel said...

I've heard that your stomach is roughly the size of your hands cupped together like a bowl - so at times (I don't do it nearly as often as I should) I try to gauge what's on my plate with the size of my "hand bowl."

And, I can really tell with Andy, if he has a day where he didn't eat much, the next few days his appetite is much smaller - if that's true for everyone, I imagine a day or two of intentionally not eating much (not starving yourself, of course!) could help to get on track for eating less.

And, lastly, have you thought about Weight Watchers? There's a big group of folks doing WW at work, and those who are really counting their points, along with exercising, are losing really well. If you did WW (or managed your portions in some other way), I bet the pounds would just fall off. :-)

I hope you have a great weekend!

Emily said...

congrats on your doing so well with your goal!

Nikki said...

I left a message earlier, but I think it didn't post. Congrats for hanging in there April. I sure had fun walking with you in Austin. It was definitely a good workout.

Love you!!!!

Rachel said...

I just realized I didn't congratulate you on how well you've been doing, I am so sorry, that was so rude of me. You are doing awesome, and it's really inspiring that you make so much time to take care of yourself! :-)