Monday, April 6, 2009

Austin Day 1

Sunday was spent getting to know Austin. Nikki and I drove back to Austin after a very leisurely Sunday morning. Once we arrived back in Austin and checked into our hotel, we walked to the State Capital Building. ...and that made me realize I have never been to the state Capital right here in Colorado, in Denver, in walking distance to where I work. ...I think I'll have to take a field trip there one of these days. Anyways, the Capital building in Austin was awesome. Sunday was our one good weather day, no wind, no coldness, in exchange for comfortable walking weather around downtown Austin.
This is up in the dome of the building. Look around the star, it spells Texas. I thought that was super cool!
Around Austin are these life size guitars all around. I'm pretty sure it is symbol since Austin is the "Live Music Capital of the World". ...around downtown Denver their are life size cows...I wonder what that is suppose to mean?! Anyways the guitars were pretty cool. I like this one because of all the colors!
Sunday night Nikki and I had a very laid back fancy dinner at Eddie V's. The food was awesome. I'm a very slow eater, and Nikki and I didn't really have anywhere specific that we needed to be so we took our time. From start to finish we were sitting at our booth for 2 hours! It was great! Probably one of the highlights of my trip.
After dinner and dessert(I had coconut cream pie) Nikki took me to BookPeople. The Denver version of a TatteredCover. A local, big, book store. It was a lot of fun just to walk around and share stories about different books we have read and hope to one day read. Nikki bought an awesome children's book for who would end up being Joshua John! I got some cards.

1 comment:

Nikki said...

yay! that was so much fun. Nice pictures. I think I see a few bats by the Book People sign :).

Love you!