Monday, April 20, 2009

"Marley & Me"


Book Review: Marley & Me by John Grogan.

I really enjoyed this book. I went to the movie back in December and had no idea it was a book. Usually if a movie is a book, I prefer to read the book before I see the movie. So when I found it was a book, I knew I had to check it out.

The book like usual was better than the movie. Their are couple of really cute parts that are in the book but not in the movie. Like the reviews, if you have ever appreciated house hold pets, this book is for you. You don't have to be a dog lover to enjoy this book, and I think that is one of the appeals of the story.

The story is of Marley the dog who forms a family with newlyweds in South Florida to a home of 3 children in rural eastern Pennsylvania and the journey in-between.

The story is a tear jerker, like the movie, and I was happy that I read the last 3 chapters at home and not on the bus.

I would highly recommend this book to both laugh and cry.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

we just saw the movie this weekend, I loved it. :-)