Saturday, April 4, 2009

College Station Day 1

Last weekend I had the pleasure to travel to Texas to visit my cousin Nikki and her husband Dan. It was a great trip, and over the next few days I'll share my visit with you. The first two days were spent in College Station, where Dan and Nikki live and work.

While on the drive to College Station from Austin, we made a stop off the freeway to take a picture on the Texas blue bonnets. They were beautiful! The experience however wasn't all it was cracked up to be. Prior to landing Austin received a good down poor and the ground was nice and muddy and the ants were out in full force. The mud effected me, the ants effected Nikki. Sad for Nikki because she got a handful bits on each foot(she was wearing sandals), and a day later one foot had a very bad reaction and swelled up quite a bit. I felt so bad! But again the experience was a good one, and we got some beautiful pictures.

The next stop was a tour of the Texas A&M Campus. It was a lot of fun. It was great to hear all of the traditions of such a big campus, college town! People there say "Howdy" to each other, and one of the highlights of the tour was a group of girls gathered in front of a building we went into, and I decided to say "howdy" to them, and WOW the reaction I got was amazing. All the girls immediately said in unison "howdy" back to me, like I was the coolest for saying that to them. And well it made me feel good, and it was fun to laugh about.


The buildings around this campus are amazing. Awesome details and lighting. The pictures don't do it justice.
This stained glass was the interior of a lecture hall! Can you imagine that being the classroom you go to everyday!?

We even saw some fencing being portrayed by what I imagine would have been from the 18th century. He called Nikki and I "My Lady"!
Me, Dan, and Nikki
Dinner was at La Bodega! It was fabulous. I had the shrimp tacos, and they were so tasty. I also had a "shaker" which is a martini, and I kid you not this "shaker" had a total of about 6 drinks. Needless to say I only had about 2 and half, and the rest was enjoyed by Dan!

Stay tuned Day 2 is coming tomorrow.

2 comments:

fotobug said...

I would have loved to just go around saying 'howdy'... and actually get a response!? I may just try it out today for fun. :o)

Nikki said...

That was sooo fun. Thanks for putting Murphy as your cat picture. How cool. She thanks you too.

That howdy thing was hilarious! I still think about it and chuckle! My foot is back to normal by the way. :)