Monday, April 27, 2009

Why?

So something interesting happened on Saturday while I was at the gym. Over the past 3+ years I've seen my ex twice, and communicated (mainly text) a handful of times. The past two times I texted him was to basically check up on him or his family because a bad event created National news. The first was when that bridge collapsed in Minneapolis (where he lives). The ex is of course someone I will always care for, but not someone I need or want to communicate with on a regular basis. Since our break up this has never happened. So I basically texted him after the bridge collapsed just to make sure he was ok. He was ok, all was well. Most recently their was fear in Bismarck (where he is from) that the river would over flow and flood the city. So I texted him at the beginning of the month asking him how is mother was. He response back was that she was doing well. And that he hopes I'm doing well, and he's happy and thankful I thought of his family. So I clarified and texted back specifically asking how she was with the river(the reason for my text to begin with). ...which he never replied. So I let it go.
Well then Saturday afternoon he sends me a text "Hi there, how are you doing?" So we texted back and forth. I told him about my Lasik (he had the procedure done a couple of years ago in Minneapolis). He told me about his sister's wedding in Hawaii next month. And that was pretty much it.
Of course in the back of my head the whole time, I'm wondering, Why?, why is he texted me? Is their another motive?, if so what is it? The conversation basically ended with me telling him to have fun in Hawaii.
In the past when I've communicated with him it was because I had a reason. What was his reason to text me?
Anyways, I'm glad I got that off my chest.

3 comments:

Emily said...

I think maybe he was just saying hi. I think most boys are pretty straightforward and it's usually girls who have hidden agendas. He may have just wanted to reconnect with a friend--maybe was feeling lonely. That was always the hardest part of break ups for me: losing my best friend and my boyfriend at the same time. So maybe he needed a friend for a minute? Maybe you didn't work as a couple but work as friends, and he wanted to know how his friend was doing?

Or maybe he secretly wants you back and was trying to invite you to Hawaii and you didn't catch on. :)

I don't know.

April said...

I think your right Emily. It just frustrates me because I don't want that type of relationship with him.

..i was thinking of asking him "do you need a date to your sister's wedding?" ...but I didn't want to make the first move.

Nikki said...

I don't know April, that's hard to tell. It takes too much energy and emotional strength to guess his motives. I know, easier said than done. :).