Friday, April 3, 2009

The Past: 2 Weeks Ago

I'm going to try and catch everyone up on what's been going on the past couple of weeks. Two weekends ago I traveled to Albuquerque to attend my friends baby shower. Here is the run down of my quick trip home.
Frontier=Yummy!
One thing I have to have when I'm in Albuquerque is red chile and homemade tortillas. So upon my arrival I had my parents take me to the Frontier. The Frontier is an Albuquerque staple, and a place I highly recommend if you are in the area. It is literally right across from the University of New Mexico campus, so it was always easily accessible the 3 semesters I lived on campus. I had huevos rancheros with a famous Frontier sweet roll! This place isn't exactly my parents type of places so I was very happy that they took me!
UNM
The one night I was in town, I had a fabulous dinner with my cousin Kari, followed by a get together with some more family and friends at Fox and Hound. It was a lovely night. ...Isn't the hat cute?!, it was a fabulous birthday gift from Kari.
Christine, Shaun, Me, Kari, Cheryl
The main event was my friend Brisa's baby shower, for the upcoming arrival of her baby Girl in June! Brisa and I met the summer of 1994, while going to summer school for high school P.E. And well the rest is history. Some very fond memories are actually at the Frontier(see above) during our college days.We've been through a lot together, and we have a friendship that I feel very blessed to have.
Brisa and I

4 comments:

Nikki said...

You look so cute! Looks like fun, I spent many a night at Frontier too. I love their tortillas.

reflections said...

That hat is fabulous! I wish I could have seen you, I was laid up though. Next time, for sure, or maybe I will drive up there at some point :)

Emily said...

Hey, congratulations Brisa! I didn't know she was having a baby. Neat that you guys still keep in touch. You look so cute in that hat, April!

The summer after my freshman year of college I went to the Frontier with Michelle Jill & Jess no less than 40 times. That place is AWESOME.

fotobug said...

That is a friendship to be thankful for! What a great friend you are to eachother! :o)