Monday, April 13, 2009

Today's Letter Is: "D"

My friend Emily did a tag of letters. I asked for one, and I was assigned the letter "d".
Here are 10 things I love that begin with the letter "d". Enjoy!

1. Digital Camera - I'm huge picture person. So I love my digital camera. I probably take my camera with him everywhere I go 75% of the time. I love having things documented. And with a digital camera I get to delete the pictures I don't want. Amazing.

2. Denali - My super cute tuxedo cat. She is so lively, cute, and small. She was the runt of her litter, and is reasonably smaller that what an average cat size is. She loves to play catch, purr, and go into the shower just after it was used. She is one reason why I am now both a cat and a dog person.

3. Digital Video Recorder aka DVR - I love my DVR. It multiplies my love for TV. I would never watch TV without it. It cuts down a 60 minute TV show to 40 minutes. And for one of my favorite shows like "DWTS" it cuts it down even more, because all I really watch is the dancing. The person who invited this was pure genius!
4. "Dancing with the Stars" - This of course has to do with my love of dancing. I watch this show, and I seriously wish I would have pursued a professional dancing career. I love it. The intensity, the movement, the outfits, the music. I love performing Dance. So much fun.

5. Decorating - I love decorating. Photo albums, houses, closets, outfits. I would love to go to school for interior design. It is something I think I'm pretty good at. I love color, and finding what goes together. ...finding the unexpected. For me that is what decorating is.
6. Dogs - I've always been a dog person. I grew up with a dog. She was cocker-spaniel mix puppy named Lady. She was so cute, and was just like a puppy up until she passed away over 5 years ago. We had her for 18 years! She had an amazing live, and brought so much love into my parents house growing up. Sometimes I still expect to see her when I return to my parents house. I miss her.

7. Dining - I really enjoy eating out. This is one reason why I love Denver so much. Their is always a new place to go. If I could eat out everyday I probably would. Thankfully though my love for food, as also allowed me to love to cook. But dining out is definitely one of my favorite things to do.
8. Dolphins - I've always really liked dolphins. Mainly because of their connection with the water and swimming. I love the water and I love swimming. I have a dolphin tattoo on my outer right ankle that I love. I have even gone swimming with dolphins in Cozumel. It is an awesome memory!

9. Directions - This is something I'm good at. Mainly because I had to learn my directions when I moved to Denver. But I think it is a talent, because I know a couple of people who have no sense of direction, and it drives me nuts!

10. "Dirty Dancing" - Definitely one of my favorite movies. I love the story, and even thought I've seen it a ton of times, I still feel like every time I watch it I see something different. A classic in my mind.

3 comments:

Emily said...

LOVE Dirty Dancing.

I remember Lady. I was scared of her.

I LOVE eating out. I attribute this to being the youngest of 6 kids, because we NEVER ate out. Ever. And so now it's my favorite thing to do.

Love DVR too. Heaven.

this was fun!

Nikki said...

Lady was 18 years old, wow. I miss that little dog.

reflections said...

D is pretty fitting for today.

D is for divorce
which I filed for today...