Sunday, April 5, 2009

College Station Day 2

First let me introduce you to my favorite cat in Texas. ...and that says a lot since Texas is a pretty big state! :) Murphy is Dan and Nikki's cat. She is super cute, and fun! It was great to meet her. She is making an appearance in this weeks "Otis and Denali Update". It was a of fun hanging out with her.

Saturday was a super tasty day in the household of Dan and Nikki. We started off with a nice pancake breakfast cooked by Nikki. Then we headed off on a little car ride to Plantersville, TX to do some fresh strawberry picking at King's Orchard. I had never done anything like it, and it was so much fun. It was super windy and little bit cold, but the company was fabulous! We got fresh strawberries, and lettuce to be enjoyed!
Dan & Nikki picking some strawberry goodness
Yummy!
We even saw some beautiful flowers
After the afternoon of strawberry pickin' fun we had a fabulous packed lunch, car picnic style! It was a little bit too cold to enjoy our lunch out on of the picnic tables, so we set up camp inside the car. It was a lot of fun, and Dan tackled the cold and washed some of the strawberries for us to enjoy. And let me tell you these fresh strawberries were fabulous! Seriously so good and juicy. Easily the best strawberries I have ever had! Great idea Nikki!

After our morning at King's Orchard we returned to College Station to do our perspective workouts. Dan went on a bike ride, Nikki went on a run around Texas A&M campus, I stayed behind and did a Jillian Michael workout DVD. If you don't know who Jillian Michael is, she's a trainer on the Biggest Loser. This DVD was three 20 minute workouts, 1 easy, 2 intermediate, and 3 advanced. I thought I would be able to do the first one pretty easy, as well as the intermediate. Well I was pretty much wrong. Jillian kicked my a$$! She works out your upper body and lower body at the same time! And well I suppose her idea behind it works, but it hurts! I was sore for the next two days. Both my chest and thighs. But at the same time it felt good! I got through the easy workout, and did about 10 minutes of the second workout before I gave up.
Time and time again Nikki has told me how awesome Dan is at grilling. And I got to experience it first hand Saturday night. He cooked us a classic Texas BBQ dinner, of drunk chicken and ribs! And wow it was so good! Dan even made homemade BBQ sauce, that he should seriously make a label and sell at the grocery store's because it was simply amazing. For your viewing pleasure(above) is the chicken getting "drunk". I thought it was a little bit funny! Nikki and I made a great salad with the fresh lettuce picked that morning.
We ended our dinner with dessert of course. A perfect ending was homemade strawberry shortcake. Topped with the days pickin' of strawberries!
Dan and Nikki made me feel so comfortable in their College Station home, I even had fresh roses in my room for me! ...aren't they beautiful?, I love the color!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you had a great time, April! Nikki and Dan seem to be great hosts and College Station looks like a nice place to visit! I am glad you guys had such a wonderful visit and were able to make it out there, in spite of all the snow you had in Denver prior to leaving!

Kari

Nikki said...

yay, I am glad you had a nice time. We did too! You are very sweet, thanks for the card too. I have it hanging on my card string thing. I love the pictures. Brings back memories.

I thought of you yesterday, I was doing the Jillian Michaels work out and I wished you were here with me to do it with me. I needed the motivation. Love you!

Emily said...

You have nice friends, April! It looks like an awesome trip. And those roses are an awesome color, I want some!

fotobug said...

You lucky gal!!! I would love to pick strawberries straight off the vine!

I must try this Jillian trainer workout DVD thing.... sounds like the perfect workout to do right before I eat half a carton of peanut butter cookie dough ice cream.