Wednesday, April 22, 2009

A Good Balance

So did you know that today is Administrative Professionals Day? Well it is. My boss forgot, but a co-worker reminded him. It was kinda funny, let me tell you the story. A lot of times if my boss just has a simple questions or needs me, he will just yell for me. Which is fine, it works for us.
My boss yelling out to my office: "April."
Me: "Yeah?"
Boss: "Is today Earth Day?"
Me: "Yeah."
.
..
...
....
...
..
.
...Pause of about 3 or 4 minutes.
Boss: "April."
Me: "Yeah?"
Boss: "Come into my office please"
Boss, looks at me and whispers: "Is today Admin. Day?"
Me: "Yeah."
Boss: "Well that's stupid, why would it be the same day as Earth Day?"
Me: "I don't know."

Shortly after that he left the office, and got me the bamboo plant you see above. I really like it. The green plant, with the black rocks. Beautiful.

Around lunch time he was trying to get a hold of his boss who he had a call with, but he wasn't on the call. So he told me to try and get a hold of his Admin. I told him that she wasn't available.
Boss: "Well I think the special Admins. got lunch."
Me: "Sandy, thank you so much for telling me that."
Boss, he winks at me: "Isn't their a Bosses Day?"
Me: "Yes, their is and I'll make sure to get you something."

Sandy and I are very much on the same page when it comes to our sense of humor. He gives me crap, and I have no problem giving it back. Because even though I didn't get lunch, I still know that he thinks I am special.

Sandy was in a good mood today. Which put me in a good mood, even though it was a very busy day. Yesterday was a very very stressful day, I wanted to cry. Today made up for all the stress. Today was a good day.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Sounds like you and your boss are a great fit!

Emily said...

That's awesome. Love it when office relationships work well.

When I was a legal secretary in college the lawyers took us out for lunch, but I think it was just because they wanted a free lunch too. :)

Nikki said...

Your boss is something else. I am glad you can take it and give it back to him.