I am going to try and make this blog about 101 things you don't know about me. I know it will be hard, but I am going to try. I got this idea from Emily-who had her husband post 101 things about himself, and then Rachel and Angela did it on Myspace. So here goes(something got messed up while I was doing Spell check, not too sure what, so there might be some duptlicates, and/or repeat numbers, and I'm just too lazy to figure it out and fix it.)
1. I am truly ambidextrous. I write with my left hand, everything else I do right handed.
2. I love the hand soap in the bathroom at my new office.
3. I hate the water in my new office.
4. I am truly afraid I will not get married.
5. I am truly afraid I will not have kids, and that my parents will never be grandparents.
6. When I say, I'll keep in touch, I'll keep in touch.
7. I don't have a true friend in Denver.
8. I'm afraid that something bad will happen to a loved one in Albuquerque, and I'll regret moving to Denver. (I know it is bad to think that, but I do.)
9. Sometimes while I'm walking a long I'll randomly sign in American Sign Language with my hands, what I'm thinking, rather than talking out loud-so people don't think I'm talking to myself.
10. I want to retire working for Qwest.
11. I've written in a Journal for 12 years. This started when my Aunt Deanna bought me a journal for my 16th birthday.
12. I love to travel.
13. I'm a planner. So far for next year 2009-I have trips planned to TX, and NC!, and possibly OK.
14. My dream vacation is Australia and New Zealand.
15. I'm so happy I stay in touch with my girl cousin's. They are my sisters.
16. Denali(my cat) likes to play catch.
17. I thought for the longest time, that I would die young-in HS.
18. The things I write in here have to be PG rated-I do have family that reads this!
19. I'm going to get a pedicure today after work.
20. I love TV.
21. I'm currently reading "Lamb: The Gospel according to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal" by Christopher Moore. It's pretty funny so far, check it out.
20. I was once a peacock for Halloween.
21. When I moved to Denver I had nothing. And I wanted stuff on my walls, so I decided to paint. Now I enjoy painting. I'm an artsy/crafty type of person.
22. If you want to go see an Action movie, I would recommend "Hancock" over "The Dark Knight".
23. Sometimes on the weekends I can go a full day without saying ONE single word.
24. I'm a loner. For the most part I enjoy doing stuff by myself. Going to eat, going to the movies, going to the mall etc...
25. My hair has gotten thinner as I've gotten older.
26. My eyes have gotten much much worse as I've gotten older.
27. I love my hair, it is one of the only physical things about me that I do actually like.
28. I collect Hard Rock Cafe T-shirts. If I'm ever in a city that has a Hard Rock I have to get one, and if someone I know travels somewhere where there is a Hard Rock, I have them get me one.
29. I love taking pictures. I'm a huge picture person.
30. I want to start an interior design business. -I'm going back to FL next week to help my friend decorate her house.
31. I have a leak in my kitchen sink that I need to get fixed, but don't have the money.
32. I'm super cheap. Example, I would rather go to the bathroom in a public place so I can use their toilet paper, and not use my own.
33. I wish my family knew how blessed we all are.
34. Moving to Denver was the best thing for my relationship with my Dad. We now have one.
35. I'm doing this at work, because I don't have access to Myspace at work!
36. I never ever thought I would be a cat person, and now I am. I have 2! Otis and Denali.
37. I really don't like driving. But now that I really don't drive, I don't mind it.
38. I love to cook.
39. I hate doing the dishes.
40. I hate the fact that my Dad knows how much money I make. What he doesn't know is how much my mortgage is and my car payment is. I think, he thinks I have a ton of money. I don't.
41. I got a phone call last week that made my day. It was my cousin Charlene, telling me that her daughter-Katherine, saw a plane up in the sky, and that she had pointed to it and said "April, plane, plane, April. -Katherine is my 18mo old God Daughter who lives in Rhode Island.
42. I love getting people's reaction to me, when I've said something or done something that they wouldn't think would be from me. The reaction is usually-Did she just really say that?! A lot of people think I'm innocent, I'm not. ;)
43. ...but in a lot of ways, I am. Example: I've never done a single illegal drug in my life.
44. I have 3 tattoos.
45. 1-a symbol of Capricorn on my back. I got this tattoo when I was 16. My mom took me to get it. It was my thing to do, because I was the good kid.
46. 2-A dolphin on the outside of my right ankle. I got this tattoo when I was 18. A friend of mine had passed away, and I got this tattoo exactly one month after he passed-3/12/98. I had been thinking about getting a second tattoo for a while, and when he passed away, I knew I should get it, as a way of living my life, that I still had/have.
47. 3-the flower-the bird of paradise(my favorite flower, because it is so different) on the inside of my left ankle. I got this tattoo when I was 26. I had thought about a third tattoo for while as well. Then I was watching an episode of "Miami Ink", and thought of the bird of paradise. It is a symbol of my growth, and of all of the different colors of my personality.
48. I love water. In every capacity. I love to drink it(it is really the only thing I drink). I love going swimming in it. It can be soft, and hard.
49. I'm big into symbolism.
50. The one TV show that I saw all on DVD's was "Six Feed Under". Great show, I highly recommend it, if you haven't seen it.
51. I don't let my cats sleep with me.
52. I think I'm going to redo my upstairs bathroom, Labor Day weekend.
53. I love having long conversations with my girlfriends.
54. I'm currently on Journal #20.(started on Friday)
55. I enjoy playing Sudoku, and I think I'm pretty good at it.
56. Four accomplishments I'm proud of: 1. Moving to Denver. For those that don't know, I moved to Denver with nothing. The only piece of big furniture I moved with was a used entertainment center from my friend Shaun.
57. 2. Staying in Denver.
58. 3. Buying a house.
59. 4. In Middle school I did a science fair project on "Left-Handedness" and I went on to the State science fair in Socorro, NM, and received Honorable Mention.
60. I only like to write with Black pens.
61. I hate cigarettes.
62. I put my TV on sleep every night and put the TV on mute, and fall asleep to the TV.
63. The only time I was ever in trouble was in HS, and Michelle and I stayed in one of the band rooms talking during lunch, and we talked past the lunch time, and I was sent to the "Lion's Den".
64. Sarah and I ditched class a lot Senior year.
65. I'm not good a school-which is why I never finished college-and plus life got in the way.
66. I've worked at least 40 hours a week since I was 19.
67. The only broken bone I've had is a broken left arm-when I was 5 or 6. And I think that is why I do everything but write with my right hand.
68. I cry less now, the I ever used to.
69. I don't know how to drive a stick shift.
70. I've never drank so much that I puked, but I have blacked out-once.
71. I love watching "Dancing with the Star's". It makes me wish I pursued dancing professionally. 72. I like my feet-specifically my toes.
73. I don't make friends very well. I'm picky.
74. I'm extremely open. Ask me anything, and more than likely I will answer.
75. I don't like to talk in the mornings. And I've learned that is probably because I'm an only child.
76. I love trying new food, and going to different restaurants I've never been to before.
77. For the last 3 or 4 years when I first got a DVR I now record my soap "One Life to Live" everyday.
78. I originally started watching this soap when I was in middle school. But then stopped up until I got a DVR.
79. I love that my Mom and my Aunts think I'm like my Grandma Egan-whom I have never met., and they think I have her Spirit. I love it.
80. I didn't find out until November 2002 that my Dad is proud of me.
81. When Aaron and I first broke up, I would go months without any physical contact. That was probably one of the hardest times in my life.
82. When I was 21 and 22 it was the funniest time of my life. I worked full time, and I don't remember working.
83. I am a very good and fast typer.
84. I'm a good writer.
85. I love my middle name Helene-it is a version of my Grandmother's name Helen. And when/if I ever have a daughter her name will be Helena.
86. It wasn't until my Grandpa Egan's funeral that I found out I was his favorite grandchild-told to me by my cousin Nikki kneeling at his coffin~I was balling my eyes out. It is a very vivid memory.
87. I started this on Wednesday, and it is now Friday.
88. I have yet to go to the gym this week.
89. The first time I blew a bubble with gum, I was with my family visiting my Aunt and Uncle(on my Dad's side) in Tulsa, OK.
90. My very first roller coaster ride, I was 12 or 13 in DisneyWorld. My parents and I rode Space Mountain. That ride is completely in the dark, and I cried the whole time. When the ride was over, and they lifted everyones seat belt thing-mine didn't rise, and the guy running the ride comes over to me and says "looks like you'll have to ride again". I started crying even harder.
91. We then rode the roller coaster again, and ever since then I love roller coasters.
92. I miss my summers with my cousins Greg and Nikki.
93. I haven't played it in a really long time, but I love to play Tetris.
94. I will randomly sing "I wish I was an Oscar Myer wiener".
95. I wonder what ever happened to Jason-the guy I first dated out of HS, who after we broke up, told me that he wanted to marry me.
96. I don't think I'll ever move back to NM.
97. For the most part, people can't talk me into doing something, that I don't want to do.
98. I love going to concerts.
99. I feel so blessed to have 3 girlfriends, I can tell anything to.
100. I don't really like red meat.
101. The last time I cried really hard, was at the end of watching "Sex and the City: The Movie".
90. I can't whistle.
91. Up until I was 17 my tongue was tied-meaning I had an extra of skin on the bottom of my mouth connected to the top of my tongue-I just couldn't stick my tongue out as far as your average Joe. I got that extra piece of skin cut out when I got my wisdom teeth pulled.
92. From my broken left elbow I have a bump on my elbow-it grosses people out.
Tuesday, July 22, 2008
I take the bus into work now. It is great. I now work downtown, and I added up the monthly costs I would have paid had I drive to work(gas, parking, tolls, and overall maintenance on my car), and subtracted the cost of my monthly bus pass and it's a savings of about $400 a month! Considering how cheap I am this is super great! So now on the way to work, I have time to myself-to read. The bus ride is anywhere from 30-40 minutes. I've always enjoyed reading, but in the past haven't made the time. And now I have the time. I've read about 4 or 5 books since I started taking the bus in June, and I have a new favorite. "The Blue Bottle Club" by Penelope J. Stokes. I highly recommend this book. One of my favorite times in American history is the Roaring 20's and the Great Depression. This book takes place just at the turn of the stock market crash. It is a fictional story, but very very touching. I cried 2 or 3 times during the course of reading this book. If you want a good easy read, check it out. It has a very subtle religious background, and makes you think about your life, and how things happen. Check it out!
Tuesday, July 15, 2008
i do believe this is my first official blog on blogspot.com. (I think at one point in time I created a blogspot account.) I also have a blog at www.myspace.com/bluesoulam. Not too sure how often I will use this. I think I just created it to leave comments on my friend Emily's site. She shared with me her site a while ago, and I haven't really checked it out. But seeing her this past weekend, will change that. I look forward to keeping in touch with her, along with all the other old/new friends I feel I have made. It's amazing how you can see someone after 10 years, and immediately have a comfort with talking to them. I definitely feel more confident from 10 years ago. I'm a lot more open, honest, and blunt. I suppose that could be a good thing, or a bad thing. I myself look at it as a good thing. I also have a much better memory and time line in my head. I feel really bad, because a lot of what my friends remember, I don't remember at all! I think I first really started remembering dates and events when I turned 20. Prior to that, not so much. I'm excited to go home again. Majority of my friends have moved away from NM, and now being reconnected, I have friends to visit when I visit, who still live in NM. I suppose, never say never. But I don't think I'll ever be back in NM. My story while I was in NM, was that I live in CO, I'm not too sure why I still live there(after 6 years), but I know I don't want to come back to NM. I think I've known that for a long time, but it's weird to say it out loud. I have a comfort in making CO my home, even though I question everyday if it is meant to be my home.