Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Book Review

I take the bus into work now. It is great. I now work downtown, and I added up the monthly costs I would have paid had I drive to work(gas, parking, tolls, and overall maintenance on my car), and subtracted the cost of my monthly bus pass and it's a savings of about $400 a month! Considering how cheap I am this is super great! So now on the way to work, I have time to myself-to read. The bus ride is anywhere from 30-40 minutes. I've always enjoyed reading, but in the past haven't made the time. And now I have the time. I've read about 4 or 5 books since I started taking the bus in June, and I have a new favorite. "The Blue Bottle Club" by Penelope J. Stokes. I highly recommend this book. One of my favorite times in American history is the Roaring 20's and the Great Depression. This book takes place just at the turn of the stock market crash. It is a fictional story, but very very touching. I cried 2 or 3 times during the course of reading this book. If you want a good easy read, check it out. It has a very subtle religious background, and makes you think about your life, and how things happen. Check it out!

1 comment:

Nikki said...

If you cried during the book, I am sure to as well. I am so jealous that you ride the bus to and from work. I love to read on the bus we have here. But my commute is more like 15 minutes.