Friday, May 1, 2009

Tina bo-bina!

Las Vegas~May 2007

Orlando~May 2008


Nickleback, S. Florida March 2007

Today is one of my dearest friends birthdays! Tina! I met Tina almost 10 years ago(5/19/99) when we were in the same training class at Victoria's Secret Catalogue. At the time she was very introverted and I was extroverted. And well crazy as it seems over the past 10 years we have changes roles. She's definitely more outgoing now, and I more so stay to myself. One of my first memories of our friendship was when we went off site for lunch one day to Burger King, and she told me she was pregnant with her first child. I was so excited for her! Once we graduated from training we were working from 4:30pm to 1am, as was her husband who was working across the street at the time at Gateway. And one night after we got off of work, her husband had band practice, and she was saying that she had a bunch of stuff to do to get ready for her babies arrival. So I invited myself over to help her organize her baby stuff, and that was the start to the amazing friendship we now have.
Above are just some of the recent memories we share.
Tina has truly been their for me through all of my highs and lows of the last 10 years. Which I will always be so grateful. She has a beautiful family, and a strong marriage that I look up to. She moved to South Florida in December 2004, and is currently in Central Florida. I've been out ever year since to visit. It is a trip I always look forward to. She was my first friend to come visit me in Denver when I moved here, and if an opportunity comes by for her to travel my way she comes. I leave in a little less than 2 weeks to go see her and her family again, and I can't wait! When we see each other we just click and it is as if no time as gone by. She as grown to be like my sister(people often say we look like sisters!), and her two boys often call me "Aunt April" which I love.
Tomorrow her and her family leave to go on a fabulous Disney Cruise, which I know they will enjoy and treasure their family time.
Happy Birthday Tina!!!

3 comments:

Emily said...

friends like that are priceless. happy birthday to you, tina!

Nikki said...

She is a good friend, and you are to her. It is very special to have such a close friendship. Happy Birthday Tina!

Anonymous said...

Wow-thanks April! What a beautful message you put out into the world about me:) I just love you to bits! I can;t believe how close we still are after all these years...and I feel the same. Every time I see you, it's like no time has passed. You are one of my TRUE friends. Boy, that's hard to come by in life.

Well, as usual...gotta go tuck my boys in.

Love ya,
Tina

PS Thanks for the birthday wishes bloggers!