Monday, May 4, 2009

T.G.T.I.Tues.

Thank Goodness Tomorrow is
Tuesday!!!

The really crappy thing about working out 6x's a week, is that their are only 7 days in a week, which means when you workout 6x's a week, those 6 days are. in. a. row. It is utterly exhausting. On top of it 2 out of my last 6 workouts are new workouts, and my body isn't used to them. So my body hurts that much more.

I've been trying to take care of a bad left knee, my right hip hasn't felt normal since my Barefoot Definition class 2 Monday's ago, and I wore fairly new shoes for yesterdays 5k. My right foot/ankle hurts now from the new shoes. I'm not too sure how much longer I'll be able to do this. Thankfully tomorrow is my day off! I get to truly give my body a rest. Hopefully I'll be able to start right back up on Wednesday. The whole workout 6x's a week seemed like a great idea, but I'm beginning to doubt myself. I think I just did too much too soon, specifically with putting that 5k in with the mix. I think that is what really threw me off.

Wish me luck!

3 comments:

Emily said...

good luck! when I'm working out seriously I have to take days off--like DAYS. i just get so tired.

Nikki said...

I am very proud of you and you dedication. 6x a week is a lot, and takes motivation for sure.

I usually take two days off a week. I have one weird knee and I know that if I kept running on it for more than 5 days it'd be mad at me. But we're all different and our bodies all react differently. I am sure you'll get the rythm of your body and you know when to push it and when to take it easier. Good luck! Love you!

fotobug said...

April,

Are you stretching? If not, you must. If you are, stretch even more. :o)

Your workouts are so encouraging!
:o)
fotobug