Friday, May 8, 2009

Behind Bars

Are you in the mood for a funny story? I hope so, because I have got one to share! Although I have a fear that this could easily be one of those instances where it seems like its funny, but it just doesn't come out that way, and I'll embarrass myself for absolutely no reason what so ever. But oh well, I'll give it a go. Lets begin.

It was in Middle School, I can't remember what grade I was in, but somewhere between 1992-1994. Myself, Michelle, Emily, and Melissa all lived within a few blocks of each other and our mothers took turns driving us to school. I think, I can't really remember that either. All of our moms worked except Melissa's, so maybe it was just Melissa's mom who drove us. Anyways, on this particular day Melissa's mom was driving.
Before I go on, let me give you the setting. To go in/out of my parents house their are 3 doors.
I'll start with the picture below. First is the big wooden door, this is on the interior of the doorway. Second is the screen door. Third is the iron steel door. Following, good?

Ok moving on, so Emily gets down to ring the door bell to let me know they are at my house ready to take me off to school. I saw her coming, and made my way outside. Also you should know majority of the time the iron steel door is always locked (even to this day). Like all mornings, on this particular morning the iron steel door is locked. The wooden door, you can lock from the inside.
Ready for the climax? I lock the wooden door from the inside, and slam it shut. I realize: "Oh crap, I forgot my key on the ledge inside the house." Turn the handle on the iron steel door, of course it is locked. Emily walking up the sidewalk to my front door looking at me like "c'mon lets go." I say "I'm locked between the two doors." Emily instantly thinks this is hilarious. She goes to tell the rest of the group waiting for me in Melissa's moms car. Ilene (Melissa's mom) comes out, I tell her I forgot my key, and that I'm stuck. She goes over to the neighbors house to call my mom at work, and to notify the school that we will be late. (this was of course before the time of cell phones). My mom comes the rescue and sets me free, and we all head off to school.
And well by the time lunch came around, my friends had just about told everyone at school, and before long I was known as "the girl who got stuck between 2 doors."

The End. And yes, this is a true story.

6 comments:

Emily said...

At first I was thinking, "um, no we didn't." Then I realized you were speaking of Emily Zook most likely, 'cause I rode the bus in middle school.

and then I laughed and laughed and laughed, because I remember that. Hi-larious.

this also happened to amber craig (she was a senior when we were sophomores, cheerleader), she had a similar set-up on her house, but she was a senior in high school and nobody was there to get her out. She was stuck for hours.

Rachel said...

Oh, that is funny! :-)

April said...

...yup Emily, it was Emily Zook.

You remember? Do you remember what grade we were in?

I remember Amber, that's crazy!

Glad both of you thought it was funny.

Emily said...

I don't, but it had to have been 7th or 8th because I was living in Maryland for 6th.

Nikki said...

That's hilarious, poor April!

fotobug said...

Too funny!

Good thing your parents weren't out of town!