Sunday, May 17, 2009

Frustrated

Today at the gym I did a "Fit Point". My gym offers these every 3 or 4 months. I got one back in November when the gym opened. Today I did my second one, 6 months later. I wanted to know my results so that I could talk to Tina about them, when I go see her at the end of the week.

I've lost 10 pounds since November. Ten freakin' pounds. I'm not happy. I'm sad, and I'm crying. I've lost 21 pounds since August. I'm physically working my @ss off, and it isn't paying off. I'm pissed. The last time I lost weight I was working this hard, I got results. Good results. Results that showed the work I was doing. This time I feel like I'm working out harder (mainly because of the different workouts I'm doing) and I feel like I'm hardly getting any results.

The trainer recommended I go see a doctor. Which I'll do, because I'm not working this hard to only lose 10 pounds every 6 months. I don't know what the deal is, but something just isn't right.

I'm frustrated about so many thing right now, but this is at the top of the list. I just hope I can push past this and not give up.

5 comments:

Emily said...

I'm so sorry that you're frustrated about that, April. I saw it and went "Wow! Ten pounds!" but I understand you would want more results than that in that much time. I saw my doctor about that same thing a few weeks ago (I have in fact gained 5 pounds in the past six months, with lots of exercise) and she did blood tests and everything was normal. So she suggested it was a result of age and that what it all came down to was my diet. Exercise is good to keep my heart healthy, but to lose weight I would have to drastically change my diet. Ugh.

Rachel said...

(((hugs))) I'm sorry, that's frustrating.

Nikki said...

Awe, April I know how hard you've been working. That sounds very frustrating. Although, like Emily I though, wow 10 lbs. that's great. But at the same time, I know how much work and dedication you've put into working out, so I understand that this is sad, and frustrating. I'll be thinking about you and I love you!

Anonymous said...

I know all too well how you feel. Do not let that defeat you. Its just gonna take time, as agonizing as it sounds. One thing you might try to remember is that you have really increased your activity. Your body may be trying to hold on to your weight while it adjusts... keep working at it and it will come off. It took me a year to lose 20lbs on WW, so its not all that surprising! AND start tracking your food intake. It sucks and I hate doing it, but its the only thing that has worked for me in the past. You may be eating too much still...or quite possibly not enough! Good luck sweetie and DO NOT give up!

Kari

Anonymous said...

What wonderful advise.

Age sucks . . . I know!

Love MOM