Wednesday, June 30, 2010

no hype this time

unlike the big spectacular that was a week long "new moon" fest leading up to a double feature of "twilight" then the midnight showing of "new moon", "eclipse" unfortunately isn't getting that attention. when my cousin kari came up to denver to see "new moon" she had also planned to be here for the premiere of "eclipse". but then we realized that the release date was right before a holiday weekend, and it just didn't work.
she's going camping with her family, and my parents are coming up here, so unfortunately for me there is no big production of me going to see "eclipse". and i'm a little bit sad about it now that the movie has officially come out.
i just re-re-read eclipse and am currently reading the short second life of bree tanner, and eclipse is my favorite book, and now the movie is out, and i haven't seen it! right about now it is kinda driving me crazy. i was almost half tempted to check it out tonight after the gym, but that just wasn't realistic. going in all sweaty, hungry, and still needing to clean up my house for my parents arrival tomorrow night. and then this weekend, my parents will be here, and we do have a movie in the agenda of things to do, but i highly doubt i can convince my parents to go see "eclipse". so i'm a little bit sad. so right now i have tentative plans to check it out monday night after my parents leave. i suppose waiting 5 days to see it won't kill me.


with all of that being said, reading eclipse for the 3rd time, i found some questions to ask about the book, along with some of the things i found while reading the first 30 pages of the short second life of bree tanner. stephenie meyer mentions that bree is the first newborn vampire that bella encounters. but technically isn't it riley? or is riley not classified as a newborn? with that, i found it interesting that stephenie does mention the killings that the newborns are creating in seattle, but nothing is every really mentioned about the disappearances of the newborns? is that because victoria is creating "stupid" vampires? ...people who won't be reported missing? just some random questions.
lets move to jacob. aww jacob. beautiful good for bella jacob. it really sucks how the end of eclipse goes by so quickly, that bella realizes her love for him, and then the book is done. anyways, where is jacob's mom? he has 2 older sisters, right? ...they are mentioned a couple of times. but i don't remember a mention of his mom. so i thought i would throw that out there.

...until Monday.
zumba 60min
579

4 comments:

Mark said...

I saw the first Twilight movie, but I still haven't seen New Moon. I kept meaning to watch it and even started to panic when I saw trailers for Eclipse. This has to go on the todo list.

Emily said...

Jacob's mom died, but they never say how or why. But in Breaking Dawn he talks about how Esme reminds him of his mom so it's hard for him to hate her.

Riley is more than a year old, so he's not considered a newborn.

I haven't read the Bree book but I thought that along with the dead bodies they were finding in Seattle they also mentioned mass disappearances, but I could be wrong. I haven't read it in a while.

My aunt Peggy lives in Denver and commented on my post about the movie that she would go see it with you if you want. Just putting that out there. Her email is listed in the comment if you want to get in touch with her.

April said...

Emily! I knew you would reply and would have the answers to my questions! Thank you!

Yes, I emailed your Aunt immediately. I think we are going to check it out Monday night!

Anonymous said...

I KNOW!!! I had a wonderful 4th weekend camping with my family and friends, BUT the premier of Eclipse keep entering my thoughts the entire time I was gone. I even bought that new book (but didnt get any time to read it over the weekend)...I cannot believe I have not been to see Eclipse yet!! I am dying to go!! Sometime this week for sure...I was so bummed that we could not share that experience again April. I had so much fun with you when I came out in Nov....We'll make BIG plans for Breaking Dawn, though. For Sure.
-Kari