Wednesday, June 2, 2010

bedroom redo: part two

it's done! this past weekend i completed my new "grown-up" bedroom. all of the big stuff is done. their is one corner of the room i'm not too sure what to do with, but i got new artwork and pretty new candle holders. this was a great time for a re-model, i think it fits perfectly with the other transformations currently going on in my life. this new bedroom is a reflection of being an adult, but still having fun and always growing.

i wanted my new room to have a earthy and natural tone to it, and i think the colors accomplish that, along with the decor. i love it! and i think i'll be loving it for a long time to come.

before
coral peachy and sea greenish blue walls
after
brown and blue
before
funky artwork with a checkered wall
after
blue with a picture of the eiffel tour~my daily reminder of a place i hope to visit one day
after
a little modern artwork (hanging this all by myself was not fun, but i did it!)
after~the artwork
hope (this is hung above my large dresser)
everyday, i hope
after
leaves to go with the natural look
this is hung to the left of my window where a dolphin puzzle used to hang
before
my childhood stuffed panda boo-boo
after
a spiral votive candle holder filled with natural rocks and crystal rocks
before
disney characters

after (above & below)
rock candle holder, votive candle holder vase filled with rocks
no more disney, well except for the cinderella tea cup.
i kept that because i actually use it, that's ok right?
in reality i'm not a big candle person, but the candle holders i got i love. originally i pictured a really pretty white-toned vase next to the big rock candle holder, but i couldn't find something that i loved. so when/if i find something, i'll probably get it.
the above picture is the last piece. this the wall space to the right of my bed above my nightstand. it's empty. too empty. i would really like to add something to it. i was thinking shelves, but i don't know if that'll look weird if i don't do matching shelves on the opposite side. any ideas?

my new room is beautiful and welcoming. it's darker which i love, and over all i'm very happy with it! i have to give another major shout out to nikki who helped me with all of the painting, and another thank you to sarah for helping me pick out the artwork!
zumba 60min
i forgot to wear my HRM

3 comments:

Nikki said...

YES! that looks so cool! Way to go lady! Well done!

Emily said...

I LOVE the blue and brown walls, and the pretty curtains. Well done!

Christine said...

I think some artwork that is sculptural or 3d would be cool. In metal or something. You like modern art.
Something long.
Very cool room, and I love that candle holder.