Saturday, June 5, 2010

week 10: ok

this week wasn't a great week, but it wasn't a bad week. it could have been better, it could have been worse. i have yet to create that pattern of "coasting" which is what i really want. i feel like until i establish that i won't feel 100% confident in myself. because right now all of these extremes are just too much. they are extremes, and that's not life. i want to create a healthy pattern of losing 3 or 4 pounds a week, create that happy medium. i hope to achieve that this month.
brand new month, brand new goals. my goal for june is to lose 15 pounds. i'm actually looking forward to this month because nothing is going on. i'm not going anywhere, and i'm not expecting any visitors. so this whole month i can focus on my weight loss without any major interruptions.
i also have to remember that i had a huge weight loss last week, and that my body is just trying to catch up to itself. that losing 8 pounds in one week isn't normal, and shouldn't be expected every week. this week i loss 2 pounds. which of course is a loss, and i'll definitely take it, but when you compare it 8 pounds. well their is no comparison. but then i think i loss 10 pounds in 2 weeks, and i think wow that's pretty amazing!
one thing i have found which is kinda weird. on the weeks i workout 5 days i lose more than on the weeks i workout 6 days. to me that doesn't quite make sense? but i like my weeks when i workout 6 days, so for now i'll keep it, because i don't workout 6 days a week every week.

speaking of working out, i had a fabulous workout this morning. i went back to the outdoor loop close to my neighborhood. it was perfect, a little breeze and not too hot. while jogging/walking around it i realized that there are little quarter mile markers, and learned that 1 loop is 1.4 miles. i decided to really push myself and did the loop 4 times(last time i only did it 3 times). 5.6 miles! this is the farthest i've ever gone, on a treadmill or outside! my last loop was definitely the hardest, and the slowest. i think i only jogged twice during that last loop, the rest was done walking. my feet started to hurt, and i really wanted some water. thankfully i had a nice cold water bottle waiting for me in my car. it was a great workout.
5.6mile walk/jog 85min
922

-2lbs

3 comments:

Emily said...

down 2 is better than up 2! Congrats!

Rachel said...

woohoo, you are doing it!

do you like beans? I have a recipe for bean salad that is really yummy. I always feel super healthy when I eat it, lmk if you like beans (or want to like beans!), and I'll get you the recipe. :-)

Anonymous said...

It is awesome and you should always be proud of every ounce . . . I know we are!!!

Love MOM