Sunday, June 13, 2010

not a fun day

just when i thought i had nothing to blog about today.
this is what happens...

a broken hot water heater!

see that circle thing on top of the hot water heater? water was spitting out of that. i'm pretty sure it was spitting water for a little bit more than an hour.
it is times like this when i hate being single, and i hate being alone. i hate it. what i hate even more is depending on another people. i know that life gives us scenarios like this so that we can reach out. but it is just something i don't like to do. the ER hot water nob was already turned off. so i had no idea what to do. my first call was to my friend sarah's house. no answer, left a frantic message. second call was to sarah's cell phone. again no answer, while leaving another frantic message she called me back. she put her husband jeremy on the phone. i sent him a picture (cell phones truly are amazing!) and he headed over. ...i felt so bad. this isn't the first time they have had to bail me out, and deal with me being emotional over this home-owner thing. so i truly thank God for them! third call was to my friend shaun who happens to be in town this weekend for a wedding. his family here is full of plumbers, and i knew he would be with them, so he helped me out. guided me to find and turn off the main water supply to my house. once that was turned off the dripping stopped. jeremy arrived and he determined:
yup i need a new hot water heater.
such is life.
and right now i really have to use the restroom, but i'm too scared to go!
more to come...
50/50 60min
treadmill 10min
760

3 comments:

Nikki said...

What a bummer. I would be very emotional about it too! I am glad that Shaun, Sarah and Jeremy were able to come by and help you out!

Hugs!

Emily said...

I get freaked out about stuff like that too, I don't think it has anything to do with living alone. :) My husband can't fix ANYTHING. My first call is always my dad, because he can fix anything. Even though he's 40 minutes away, I'm so glad he's relatively close so I can call him. Such a bummer though, I had stuff like that! And now you can feel empowered because you know how to turn off you water in case of emergency!

Emily said...

oops, i mean "hate", not "had".