Saturday, June 19, 2010

week 12: passport needed?!

i have officially crossed into uncharted territory! never in my adult life have i been as "small" as i am right now. never. every number from here on out will be a number i've never experienced. isn't that so crazy to think about? it is super crazy to me. these are all numbers i plan on never being again. that in itself feels great. this is a place i plan on staying at for the rest of my life. so no, i won't need a passport, but a permanent residency. i think Healthy, USA officially has a population that now includes me! this foreign land will be foreign for a really long time, if not for forever, but the feeling of uncertainty is a welcome one compared to the feelings i have had leading up to this point.
my confidence went up this week because i did this week all on my own. i did go back into slimgenics today (last i had been in was on 6/8) and i gave my feedback from the previous week, they apologized and understood. the woman i met with was another new person, but she'll be permanently at my center, so that's good. and i really liked her. so today went very well. i had a 3 pound loss this week. the fact that i did it all on my own, and that i did it during the week leading up to that time of the month (TOM) i am very proud of myself. it is so interesting when you are really watching what you are eating and your eating habits, what you find. wednesday, which was my worse PMS day was a little out of control. i wanted chocolate. that's all i wanted. i craved it. it was weird. i did have a few (ok 5) chocolate kisses, which was a bit crazy for me, but then i did awesome yesterday! i still say, everything in moderation!
i had a goal in mind for when i leave to rhode island next month. but because of my two really slow weeks earlier this month, i don't think i'm going to reach that goal. but that's ok. starting today people have never seen a "thinner" april, and that's a great feeling!
i do want to mention people's reactions. mainly just to have it documented, so i can remember it once this journey is complete. i get compliments everyday. included are: "wow, you look great." "you are a skinny minnie." "you're the incredible shrinking april." "every time i see you, you are smaller." this past week this woman in the break room at work whom i don't know, said "are you on a diet? what are you doing?" another day in the break room a man that i don't know said "i hope you don't mind me saying something, but you've lost a lot of weight, haven't you?" is it weird that the compliments that come from people that i don't know mean the most? because i know it has to take some courage to actually say something, because it is a touchy subject. but it feels good. and those compliments definitely help motivate me.
another subject is clothes. just about all my clothes are uncomfortably too big. how weird is that? plus i feel like when i wear my clothes that are too big, they make me look bigger than what i actually am. when i wear something that truly fits me, those are the days i get the most compliments. my jeans are especially too big. to wear a pair of jeans and to have to basically hold them up all the time, is so uncomfortable. but i haven't decided when i want to go shopping yet. i know that i need to. but i'm going to keep on losing, so i hate to spend money on clothes that will only last me another couple months or so.
it's a good problem to have, i'm not complaining, i'm just sayin'.
one more thing. i have an addition to my blog. if you scroll down all the way to the very bottom, you'll see i added a ticker to track my weight loss. it's a good reminder for me of the big picture, what i'm striving for, and what i've done. i'll update it every saturday.
outside jog/walk 5.6mi 85min
876

-3lbs

5 comments:

Nikki said...

I am happy for you, and I love you. You've been working very hard, I am glad you get to see the fruits of your labor. I bet you are getting excited for RI! I can't wait to see pics.

Emily said...

Those compliments are AWESOME. Nothing to me feels better than when someone asks if I've lost weight. I LOVE it. I know people might think it's insulting (because that means I as fat before, I guess?) but I love it. I'm so glad you're getting those compliments, because you truly look great. I say get a few things that fit that are versatile--just go to Target or somewhere cheap, don't spend a ton--just so you have something comfortable to wear for now. That's just me. Congratulations!

SarahLove said...

70 lbs!?!?! I'm in shock and so amazed by your commitment to a healthier you. Incredible.

Anonymous said...

April...I know I say this alot, but WAY TO GO! Words cant really express not only how happy I am for you, but more so, just how proud I am of you! Girl, you are getting it done! No matter how hard and how challenging it has been, you have prevailed...I am in amazement of you. Truly. -The pics look great and I bet you look even hotter in person...Yes, my love, you are hot!!!....another compliment you are going to have to get used to ;) -Kari

Anonymous said...

Oh, yeah and I agree with Emily. Just get some cheap, basic clothes. A decent pair of jeans, a pair of shorts and a few shirts to tide you over. Dont cheat yourself out of the enjoyment and gratification of flaunting your new figure. You have earned it. -Kari