Monday, June 28, 2010

small victories

more weight loss talk ahead. i realize that lately this is consuming my blog, and that's because lately weight loss has been consuming my life, my thinking, my whole being. ...well not really, but it does consume majority of what is going on around me.
i'm slowing becoming very proud of what i have done thus far in this journey.
that i am finally doing it. that i am finally putting all the talk into action.
that all of this work is (gasp!) paying off! it's weird because after working for so hard for so long and not really seeing any major results, and then to finally see results is just about takes my breath away.
one thing that i think is important about this journey is to document my progress. i unfortunately (or fortunately) didn't take any measurements of myself when i was at my heaviest so who knows how many inches i've lost and all of that type of stuff. ...they did take my measurements when i started slimgenics, but my journey started way before i begun that plan. so i will share what i know and what i'm comfortable with. at my heaviest i was a size 24 pant, i am now a size 16 pant! ...i'm pretty sure the last time i was a size 16 i was in middle school (seriously). i've gone from a XXL shirt or a 2x women's, to a size L or M. ...i bought a M size dress shirt last weekend at JCPenny that fits me perfectly.

last but not least, look at my face! ...the last time (late 2003) i lost some weight the first place i lost was in my face. this go round, my face took a little bit longer to get thinner. now that it is finally showing in my face, i love it!
lets compare:
June 2010
July 2007

i chose the above pic because it was taken almost exactly 3 years ago. and O M G, just look at the difference! i definitely consider that a big small victory!
treadmill 31min
50/50 60min
942

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful. Absolutely Beautiful. -Love Kari

Liza said...

Wow April, that is a huge difference! You should be very proud of all you have accomplished, it's amazing! Keep it up girl and great job!

Nikki said...

There is not only a difference in the size, but I can see a difference in your eyes too (not meaning to rhyme). I can tell that you are proud of yourself, which you should be. I am proud of you too. Love!

Emily said...

AWESOME, April. Just awesome. I can't believe how well you're doing! I mean I can believe it, I'm just so impressed with it. And after working out so much, what it all came down to was food. That is so good for me to know, that while working out is super important, the key to weight loss is watching what I eat. I'm getting started on my new plan tomorrow and I'm terrified.

Anonymous said...

WOW! There really is not adequate words to express the deep felt from heart feelings we all have about how proud we all are and that your pride in yourself is wonderful. You are our inspiration. Thank you, thank you.

Love, MOM

Rachel said...

oh my goodness, you look amazing! :-)