Friday, June 25, 2010

The Places I've Been: ND

me, aaron, allison, ryan~march 2005
aaron and i inside the ND state capitol
Bismarck, North Dakota

sorry about the blurring pictures, they are pictures of pictures :)
so i knew the time would come for me to tell you about my road trip to north dakota. in order for me to tell you about this story i have to give you some background on my ex-boyfriend. aaron is my ex. we were together january 2004 to november 2005. he was my first serious boyfriend. he's originally from north dakota.
we drove to bismarck in march 2005 for his birthday. it was a great trip. the drive was about 8 hours, and it wasn't bad because we split it up. on the way there we stopped in black hills, SD. i remember driving up to his parents house, being so nervous. wanting his family to like me. i met his parents, one of his sisters, her boyfriend (now husband), and his grandparents on his dad's side. i immediately bonded with his mom, i love her!
we were there for 3 or 4 nights i think. we saw his best friends band gypsy foot play, along with a trip to the state capitol. did you know that the only 2 state capitol's that aren't a dome shape are north dakota and new mexico? weird coincidence.
cars there have a power outlet sticking out, so they can keep their cars plugged in at night so they don't freeze because it gets so cold there. i do remember it being cold, but not super cold. the only tall building in the city is the capitol building.
the trip was a lot of fun. it was great to see aaron in his home town, and hear his stories of growing up there. i really enjoyed the conversations i had with his mom and just hanging out. i'm glad aaron invited me to join him on this trip, as i will probably never go to north dakota again.
i still think highly of aaron and my relationship with him. so i'm glad i got to tell you a little bit about our time together, because for me it was and is still very significant.
treadmill 30min
elliptical 35min
arms
677

2 comments:

Nikki said...

ya...that is significant. I would have a hard time going back there too.

Anonymous said...

Glad you had that experience with Aaron. For the most part, it was positive and he was a nice guy. Perhaps things didn't end up the way you would have liked. But that's okay, because it simply wasn't meant to be. More importantly, you learned a great deal from that relationship. One of these days, when you end up with THE ONE that you are destined for, I guarantee you'll be able to look back on that relationship and smile with a sense of appreciation for whatever it was... and for what you gained out of it...All of which is what has molded you to be the best "significant" for the lucky guy that marries you.