Tuesday, June 1, 2010

anyone out there?

i realize this is a long shot, but i figured it wouldn't hurt to put it out there. with this post i'm hoping to find someone who knows someone, who knows someone, who might know someone that can help me out with some missing articles that were lost by the post office.

the date: Tuesday March 30, 2010
tuesday is my "normal" day off from the gym. so if i have any weekday errands i need to run, i do them on tuesday's. on the agenda for this particular tuesday was to go to the post office to ship off my dad's birthday gift for his upcoming birthday, which was on Wednesday April 7th. i've been shipping items parcel post from denver to albuquerque since i moved here 8 years ago. the items always get there in 2 days, sometimes 3. so i was shipping this box with plenty of time, knowing it would make it to my parents house for my dad to open up for his special day.

on Saturday April 3, 2010 my dad still hadn't received the package, and so i got a little worried. i took a closer look at the receipt, where it read that my package was going to zip code 97123 which is hillsboro, or. my parents live in zip code 87123 which is albuquerque, nm. of course the address on the box had written 87123, but the lady behind the counter at the post office inputted 97123, so it was 97123 that was put as the destination on the parcel post sticker that paid for my postage. my package went to the wrong place! on Monday April 5th i called the originating post office to advise them of their mistake, and how to fix it, so that my father would get his birthday gift. the post office wasn't helpful to say the least. they advised me because i shipped it parcel post, the worst way you can ship something FYI, and had no insurance on the package, that their is nothing that they can do.

needless to say the items are still lost. i did get a letter stating that the box that had the items in somehow opened and to send a description of the the contents in hopes for them to be found and sent to my dad.

the contents of this box is about $200 in value. remember these pictures we took? how about this trip to las vegas i took? well for my dad's birthday i got him this nice picture frame(the one with 4 picture openings), with pictures of that family photo shoot. included were other prints that my mom had requested as well. sarah gave me all of these pictures when i met her las vegas. i put them in the mail to get lost.
right now their is nothing i can do but wait. i have filled out the appropriate paper work and now it seems to be just a waiting game. the usps puts a 90 day search on circumstances like this. that 90 day mark will come at the end of this month.

so this is my hope, that someone out there will read this post, and say "i know someone who can help her!" highly doubtful i know, but the answer is always no unless you ask. one of the most frustrating aspects of this is the post office originated this problem. they haven't helped at all. in fact i went off on the store manager when i explained to her that it is poor customer service when i have to ask for an apology for a mistake that i didn't make. i had to explain to her "i understand this isn't your fault, but this isn't my fault either. i paid the company that you work for, for a particular service. and that service hasn't been fulfilled. and the fact that i have to ask you to apologize, is poor customer service." ...and i did, when asking if there was anything she could do and she said no, i asked "well can i at least get an apology?"

so if you know someone who works at the post office, or if you know someone who knows someone who works at the post office please send them my way!
50/50 60min
501

6 comments:

Rachel said...

Oh how frustrating!

Have you called the Hillsboro PO? Maybe they could shed some light on this???

But no, I don't know anyone who knows anyone who knows anyone.

Good luck! My fingers are crossed that it'll turn up.

Nikki said...

bummer!

Emily said...

bummer dude. i would try calling the 97123 post office and see if they have any ideas.

Anonymous said...

April, I know you have tried and been frustrated over and over.

I am so sorry for that.

I can continue to pray and be hopeful but I do believe just when we have given up the post office will decide to get their butts in gear and pull off some sort of resolve. I just hope it will be a good one.

Love, MOM

April said...

Rachel and Emily,

Yes I have called the 97123 post office. No such luck.

dawn said...

Hey April,

I asked my mom about this. She works for the post office as a window clerk here in Alb. She said that usually what happens is, it should be re-routed after it got to 97123 to 87123. She said that if they are understaffed, like most places, then it might take awhile. She doesn't think parcel post is that bad, but at least do delivery conformation.
I typically send everything Priority. You can get free box from the post office and print the shipping label at home and have your carrier pick it up. (no going to the post office). When you do this, there is a tracking number and you can track it all the way.

I hope your package gets to your dad...someday. Good Luck,
Dawn