Saturday, June 26, 2010

week 13: getting rid of all the crap

another successful week is behind me! i lost 5 pounds this week! i have noticed a strong pattern that the week after TOM i have a pretty drastic loss. which in all honesty kinda gives me something to look forward to when it comes to that TOM. right now i feel great. this was probably one of my easiest weeks. i have found different ways to satisfy my cravings, and it is good to recognize that. i usually get hungry right around 11am, but try my hardest not to eat lunch until 12:30pm, so rather than snacking, i'll get a cup of hot tea. and in the afternoon when i find myself wanting dessert i'll chew a piece of gum. obviously not the same, but it is the habit of the same. know what i mean? i'm still getting something. rather than nothing.
last night was hard. very rarely do i have any money on me when i go to the gym. mainly so i won't spend money, and lately so i won't go get fast food. but last night after i left the gym i had my debit card with me because i planned a stop to get gas. i had just worked out so i was hungry. i was having a conversation with my head that was trying to justify a trip to the drive thru. all the while i was trying to think what was in my house that i could eat. luckily i didn't cave. i went home and made myself a tuna sandwich!
i told that story to the lady at slimgenics this morning and she said that's good. the fact that you are having these cravings shows that your body is getting rid of it. getting rid of all the crap. so much of the food we eat is crap. the one thing i really like about this program is i can easily recognize what is good and what is bad. that majority of the foods that i eat are veggies. that i plan each one of my meals to have veggies.
i'm slowly becoming more comfortable in my new body. when i saw the number on the scale this morning, it almost doesn't seem real. that this is really happening. i can cross my legs underneath my desk! ...and yes believe me this is news, huge news! yesterday i got my eye brows waxed and laying on the table/bed thing, i had plenty of room to put my hands at my sides(which wasn't the case a couple months ago)! all these little things are changing, and it's weird. i wonder if i'll ever get used to it.
my workout today was a little bit different. i had an overly ambitious thought last week to try and get together a relay triathlon. well this particular triathlon is on 8/1 the day after my zumba certification class. and i was the only one who said i could do the 1/2 mile swim. and i think doing an open water swim at 7:30am the day after an all day training, just isn't going to happen. so today at the gym i attempted to do this 1/2 mile swim (35 lenghts of the pool) and i would say i did a little bit more than half before i gave up. i swam for about 25 minutes, going back and forth between the freestyle and the breast stroke. i honestly can't tell you the last time i swam that much! i didn't wear my HRM in the pool, as i'm not too sure hot that works, so my calories lost just comes from my run. speaking of run. i'm definitely getting better at that. or to be more realistic jogging. i feel better, and can go further distances jogging, which i'm happy about!
treadmill 30min
swim 25min
346
-5lbs

2 comments:

Rachel said...

you rock. really truly rock. :-)

Emily said...

AHHHHH!!! FIVE POUNDS?! APRIL!!