Monday, June 1, 2009

All things "Twilight"

I am sooooooooo on the band wagon. And what's weird is I never thought that I would be. I thought that I would like these books fine, but I never thought I would be obsessed with these books, and the whole Twilight Saga. I can't get enough. I truly enjoyed the whole thing. In addition to the 4 books, I think I have just about read everything on the Stephenie Meyer website.
Even better yesterday the first trailer for "New Moon" came out. And I loved it. I myself am a Jacob fan, so to see him shirtless, well lets just say is very exciting!
Here is my run down of the 4 fabulous books.

Twilight - I loved how Stephenie introduces the character's. She instantly grabs you with Bella and Edward and the weird connection that they have. The movements, running, and kissing...enough said.
New Moon - I liked this book because I could relate to Bella's depression over Edward. Plus I loved reading all about Jacob and the friendship formed between Bella and Jacob. The dramatic Volturi and the too close for comfort reunion of Bella and Edward.
Eclipse - I loved this book because Edward and Bella have to face what Jacob knew all along. That Bella loves him, and that love grew because Edward left. I loved the time line of this book, everything flowed beautifully.
Breaking Dawn - I really liked the break down of this book. The fact that we got to hear from Jacob's point of view, and his relationship with Edward. I think sometimes Bella's descriptions went on for too long, but her whole transformation was incredible to read.

I would highly recommend this series, and for me it was even better because I got read all 4 back to back. The books are very entertaining and easy to read, but at the same time get your imagination going.

For your viewing pleasure the Official Trailer to "New Moon" in theater's 11.20.09!


Lastly, when I was in Florida I saw a car that said "I drive like a Cullen" on the back. I felt so cool because I knew exactly what that meant!



3 comments:

Emily said...

YES! I knew you would like them! New Moon was my favorite book because I love Jacob the most and want her to choose him, so I love that in that book he is her sunshine and air. I literally bawl every time I read the third book (which is 7 times now) when she breaks his heart. It kills me because he is so right for her.

I agree about the 4th book too. I liked it, especially from Jake's POV but it went on a bit too long. I liked that it all worked out in the end but I just wish she had chosen Jacob. But then poor Edward...that woulda been sad.

And I already made this comment on my friend Jenn's blog but... whoooo! Jake's been working out! He looks AMAZING, doesn't he?!

Nikki said...

I just got eclipse in the mail, and I am a little hesitant to start it because I know that I will be consumed by it this week. I probably will start reading it tonight, but I am afraid that my productivity will take a huge hit because of it. I love them too. Have you seen excerpt from Midnight sun: http://www.stepheniemeyer.com/midnightsun.html.

I didn't read through your entire post, because I was afraid of getting any spoilers, so if you did mention midnight sun, I appologize for not seeing that. Love you!

Anonymous said...

Will look at the trailer later this week