Monday, June 8, 2009

Journal Neglect

All of my Journals
I did something yesterday that I haven't done since February. I wrote in my journal. I'm pretty sure this is the longest stretch I've gone without writing since I was 21. If I had it my way I would write every week. But I just haven't made the time, and plus my priorities have shifted. My number one priority of course is going to the gym. Second, is blogging. I come upstairs 30 minutes earlier than I used to, just to blog. I'm hoping to start writing in my journal more frequently. The big pain about going long lengths without writing is; it is really hard to play catch up. Writing in my journal is a great escape, and I miss it. Most of the time it gives me a great outlook on my own life. Hopefully I can manage my time better on the weekends to catch up on my journal.

4 comments:

Emily said...

that's neat! i've never been a great journal writer but i have a few and i really love to go back and read them and see how stupid i used to be. :)

Rachel P said...

Isn't blogging kind of like journaling? ;-)

April said...

Rachel, it is. But my journal is A LOT more personal.

Anonymous said...

I love that you keep a journal. i bet its fascinating and eye opening, to be able to go back through the years and observe how you've grown spiritually, intellectually, and philosophically.

Kari