Sunday, June 7, 2009

It's a Tornado!

(via)
So today after the gym I went to WalMart. Driving from the gym to WalMart is heading South. As I drive into the WalMart parking lot (also South) I see all these people out of their cars taking pictures with their picture phones. And I'm thinking: what is going on? What is everybody taking pictures of? I park, and I look behind me, to the North. It's a tornado. Never had I ever seen a tornado in person before. Crazy. So what do I do? I take out my camera phone and take a picture. I have no idea how to get a picture from my phone to my computer, so the picture above is not the picture I took, but it is the same tornado that was near my house. As I walk back to my car I get hit, but a huge piece of hail. It hurt. So I decided now isn't the best time to go to WalMart. I decide to go home. By the time I got to my house probably 4 minutes later, it was pouring rain. Again, crazy.

3 comments:

Emily said...

That IS crazy! Holy moly! We've been having awesome thunder/lightning/rain storms all week and I am LOVING it. We had a tornado in SLC a few years ago that actually did some damage to buildings downtown, it was weird. We don't get tornadoes.

Nikki said...

Oh, my. Are you okay? Hail does hurt! That is pretty wild!

Rachel said...

Oh, I am so glad you are okay. Tornadoes scare the bejeezus out of me.