Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Soul Grooves

Soul Grooves. C'mon say it, say it out loud. It just feels good, doesn't it? One more time.
S o u l G r o o v e s.

The time has come again for my gym to change their group fitness schedule. Soul Grooves began back in February(I believe) but the class was only offered on weekday mornings, which is a time that I cannot attend. Well with the new schedule their is a Soul Grooves now on Wednesday evening. Tonight was my first Soul Grooves class. And it was so much fun! It is all kinds of dance with a mix of mind, body, and spirit. The instructor is kinda hippyish (she also teaches in Boulder), but it works.

At the beginning of the class this lady joined that sometimes goes to Dance Jam, and I waved at her and she came up to me and said "you've lost weight". I responded with a "yeah". This is the third time someone as come up to me and said that, and I'm starting to think I'm going crazy. Why can these people see it, but it doesn't show up on the scale? After all of these months you would think they would both catch up with each other. Then during the class we danced around free style and the instructor came up to and was saying "you rock!" That felt good. At the end of the class she looked at me and said "you are a really good dancer." Dancing is so much fun!

My favorite part of the dance was where we did the tango. We just did the fundamental steps, but I really enjoyed. I think I liked it so much because it was different.

4 comments:

Nikki said...

April, that's great that you like the class, and that people are noticing a difference in you. I imagine that you are gaining more muscle tone (which is heavier than fat),and losing fat weight. Perhaps you are staying around the same weight but your body is becoming more toned - which is a good thing. I say, if they see a difference, then there probably is a difference. Good job :)!

Emily said...

April that's great! My sister is that way--her body totally changes when she's exercising but she doesn't change weight. So strange, but I would take any change as a positive thing!

Anonymous said...

April my darling you totally "Rock", speaking of rock: you are now rock solid and muscle does burn more calories . . . so be patient - the weight lose will come. I promise.

Love,
Mom

fotobug said...

Soulgrove it girl!!! You have always been a good dancer!