Friday, June 12, 2009

so over THAT!

Today at Dance Jam their were these 3 girls, these 3 high school girls. I was never "that" girl in high school, and I'm soooo glad I wasn't. You could totally tell which girl was the ring-leader of the group. I'm not too sure why they even came, they barely moved, and were more concerned about their hair and making sure their sagging sweats have one leg up on their shin. It just took me back to that time in my life, and my thoughts were the same back then as they were today.
That it just has to suck to care that much about your appearance. Making sure your clothes are perfect, your hair is perfect, your make-up is perfect. It just seems like so much work.

6 comments:

Rachel P said...

LOL, I know what you mean!

Emily said...

hi-larious!

out of curiosity, who WERE those girls at our school? i feel like there are all these high school stereotypes but i don't feel like any of them fit at our school. i'm being totally honest. i felt like everybody was friends with everybody. maybe i'm disillusioned or just totally wrong though. i know for sure it wasn't me, but "cheerleader" probably fits that stereotype, right? i've just never cared that much about my appearance (beyond making sure my hair and makeup was done, i mean).

Emily said...

okay that's wrong. of course i care about my appearance. but i've never carried make-up or hair products with me, ever. so really, who was it?!

Nikki said...

That's funny. I keep telling myself at every birthday, that I am glad I am no longer (so and so age). Mid and high school are times I would never want to relive. High school popularity politics are really messed up. Thankfully, most people grow out of that stage. Well, at least you know that you got more out of your work out than they did.

fotobug said...

Guilty.

Even though I don't like to admit it, deep down I really do care what other people think of me. It's who I am....and if I said differently, I would be lying to myself. I was one of those girls at one time (still kinda am). Hard work? YES, it was (and is) soooo hard to keep up with looking 'perfect.' It's something that is not obtainable....so why do I keep trying?

Because I am insecure. Admitting that frequently helps me stay in check about the things in life that really matter.

Rachel said...

Emily - I totally agree with you - MHS seemed very non-typical - there were definite groups, but really, I think we all got along. :-)