Thursday, June 11, 2009

I'm sorry Mom


I snap at my mother for the stupidest things. And I feel bad every time I do it, but I can't help it, because really she is one of the only people I can show my frustrated self at. Does that make sense? When I'm really frustrated it isn't pretty. I can be down right mean. And truly nobody deserves to be mean to, especially my mom. I just got off the phone with her, we are talking about our upcoming vacation to Rhode Island. I'm kinda doing a lot in preparation for this trip to make everyone happy. And well it is stressful. My mom's role in all this is to play the laid back person, just along for the ride. Which is the role my mother always plays. My mom could care less what we do. I like to do stuff, I like to plan stuff to do. Anyways, I'm sorry mom for snapping at you, and I look forward to seeing you next week!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Its good that you admit it when you are in the wrong and can apologize. So many people cannot bring themselves to do that even when they know they are wrong. Way to be April...Great, admirable quality of your character. That is one of many reasons why I love you so much.

Kari

Nikki said...

Vacations are very stressful. That's sweet of you, April.

Nikki said...

Sweet of you to tell your mom sorry, that is. I agree with Kari, very admirable.

Emily said...

Isaac told me he hated me yesterday 3 times, screaming at the top of his lungs. Then 20 minutes later he came out with an owie and wanted me to hold him and make him feel better. As a mom, you know your kids don't mean it and you still love them no matter what. It's nice of you to apologize though, Isaac never does! :)

fotobug said...

April,

You wrote: 'I'm kinda doing a lot in preparation for this trip to make everyone happy.'

I have suffered from being a people pleaser my entire life.... I am just now learning that I can't make anyone happy, but myself. It's a lot of pressure to take ownership of that responsibility which is very stressful indeed.

Just my two cents.... not that you ever asked for it.

xox

Anonymous said...

Dear April:

Let it all out.

You are not doing youself any justice or service. Just breathe.
I know, I know how hard it is because I was young like you with all that energy. You will need to just learn. Just try to enjoy the planning and doing and don't internalize!!

You are always forgiven, actually there is nothing to forgive because you are always, always loved, appreciated and enjoyed. And I thank you everyday for your blessings. Amen.
Love, Mom