Monday, May 2, 2011

happenings

Sunday lunch with my good friend Sarah and her two super cute kiddo's!
Chloe
Ian

Lots of eventful things going on with the past couple of days. First I’ll start with the basics.

Can you believe it is already May? I am honestly having a hard time wrapping my head around this one. I usually try and stay very conscious of my time. But lately time seems to be flying by. What frustrates me about this is that I still have 20 pounds to lose. This time last year I could have swore to you that by now I would 100% be in maintain phase. Be happy, and proud at my goal weight. Be DONE! But I continue to keep on fighting and I know that I’ll get there eventually. I suppose another reason that it doesn’t seem like May, is that it doesn’t feel like May. I am so ready for warmer weather. To bring out my spring and summer wardrobe and not wear my peacoat everyday. In reality snow happens a couple of times in May in Denver, and we did get a little bit of snow Friday. What’s news is that yesterday Albuquerque got snow! I can’t ever remember it snowing in Albuquerque in May. It was the main topic of discussion between all of my friends in the 505 on Facebook yesterday afternoon. Crazy.

Moving on. I know I talk a lot about firsts, well this morning I had a second! For the second time ever I got up this morning and worked out before work. And well actually that is a first, because I’ve never done that before. The actual second was getting up so freakin’ early to go to the gym. The first time this happened was with my cousin Kari when I was home for Christmas 2009. She got up me up to go workout with her at 5am. We got there before the gym even opened! In general I am not a morning person. I have to get my 8 hours of sleep, and I believe the early morning hours are meant for sleep not being awake, and surely not being active and going to the gym! But this morning I made the exception for a few reasons. The main reason is well I have a date tonight (more on that later). Other reasons are the past two weeks I’ve only worked out four times. I do not want this to be my norm, so I’m starting my week off right! Also since getting this idea (working out before work) I’ve formulated a post in my head about said workout. Which is what I’m writing about now! So I just had to do it, even though I was up at 2am and didn’t fall back asleep until an hour later, when my alarm went off at 5am I immediately set it to 6:20am, my normal wake up time, and got ready to go back to sleep. But then immediately I started playing head games with myself, and I knew I would have beat myself up had I not gotten up and out of bed and to the gym. So that’s exactly what I did. I was doing cardio this morning 5:30am – 6:30am. Holy cow, I can’t believe I did it! I saw April there, she was in a little bit of shock because I had told her I would meet her one day last week and I didn’t. I was glad she saw me, as she is now the proof that I was there at that god awful hour!

Onto some good stuff. I have a date tonight. And as much as I would like to dish all of the details I’m not. It is just too soon. I will say that I’m excited. This guy just might be a good one!

Now about last night. I come upstairs to get ready for bed, and I hear the news. bin Laden is dead. Obviously there are lots of views on this. What I will say, and what I believe is that by this man’s actions almost 10 years ago changed our world forever. Do we still live, happily, and freely? Yes. Does it affect the time we spend in security at the airport? Yes. But for those 3,000 families affected it was a lot more personable. It was a human loss of a loved one. Probably someone they still think about every single day. So I can’t help but feel that the family and friends of those 3,000 people probably slept a little bit sounder last night. Hopefully a little bit more at peace. Now I hope and pray that there is no retaliation. That we can move forward with our Fight Against Terrorism so that we can continue to live happily and freely. Thank you to the military men and women who allow us to do so. I salute you and am proud that you represent the beautiful country in which I live.

elliptical 30min
treadmill 30min

No comments: