Friday, July 31, 2009

"Shopaholic Takes Manhattan"

Book Review
Shopaholic takes Manhattan by Sophie Kinsella

I got wrapped up in this series, when I read the first book Confessions of a Shopaholic. The first book was really good, and made me curious about the whole series, and got me to read the second book. The second book as ok. The book is about Rebecca Bloomwood a true fashionista with a crazy shopping habit who gets the opportunity to go to New York City with her boyfriend Luke Brandon. The details and descriptions of Rebecca's shopping and building debt essentially got old as the book went on. ...you can truly only do so much shopping, and create so much debt. I will say that the "villain" of the book was a surprise, and the outcome of how she gets herself above water was fun to read. During the majority of this book I was done, but by the time I got to the ending, I am finding myself curious about the rest of the series.
I haven't yet decided if I will continue with the series, and I am curious about the movie, but I have heard from multiple people it isn't that great of a movie. So who knows if I'll check it out or not. If you are thinking about this book, I would definitely recommend the first book, but the series is not a must.

3 comments:

Emily said...

I really liked the movie, but I haven't read the books.

Nikki said...

I will check it out, thanks April!

Nikki said...

The first book that is. :)