Saturday, July 4, 2009

Fireworks for a Birthday!

Nikki & I ~ Austin, TX March 2009
Today is my cousin Nikki's birthday! I've learned through many conversations with friends who recently traveled with family or to see family that not all family member's are easy. And that "you can chose your friends, but you can't chose your family". Well I am very lucky to have chosen Nikki as my friend, who just happens to also be my cousin. Nikki is easy. Which makes our friendship easy. We value our time together ...even if it is a days worth of conversation via email, but we will take what we can get! I love her to death, and if I'm ever feeling down she has this instant way of making you feel better, and that everything will be ok. She has this simple kindness about her that makes her amazing and I'm lucky to have her in my life.
I love you and miss you much Nikki!

Happy Birthday!!!

3 comments:

Emily said...

I love family members who are friends. They're the best kind. Happy birthday to your friend!

Nikki said...

That's incredibly touching, April. Thank you, I love you very much, and I am so blessed to call you my friend too. I love our email conversations, I really get excited when I receive them. Thank you!

Anonymous said...

As your mother and aunt . . .
I love so much and am touched by the blessings of both of you.
It is from the bottom of my heart that I hope Nikki got my card and that Nikki you had a wonderful Birthday.
Look forward to seeing you.

Love