Saturday, July 4, 2009

Movies Rundown

YesterDAY, I had a good day. I had the day off from work(since the 4th is on a weekend day), and got a lot done. It started early at the gym, then headed down to Olde Town Arvada, to Into the Fire to pick up my pieces of pottery that I painted last Friday. I would post what I painted but all 3 items are gifts for people who read my ramblings on this here blog. ...but I do have to admit that I am artsy and that the pieces came out fabulous! After the pick up and I shipped something off at the post office, I then returned back to Olde Town Arvada to have a super yummy lunch at Bliss. It was very nice. After my lunch, I called P* since I was in his neighborhood (this was the area where we met), he didn't answer, so I left him a message.
Then I headed to go the movie theather to see "My Sister's Keeper". I got super excited during the previews, because I saw the trailer for "The Time Traveler's Wife". ...Can't wait to see that movie, it is out next month! I might just have to read the book again.
Anyways, "My Sister's Keeper" was a good movie. It had a little bit of a slow start. But I liked how the story came fun circle. The movie is definitely a tear jerker, and I don't think Cameron Diaz is quite the motherly type, yet. But the movie is worth while, check it out.
After the movie headed to Blockbuster to get some movies to entertain myself for the long weekend. Once I was back home I heard from P - and for now I'll just say it was a long, good night. ....details to come. :)
Late this morning I watched "Revolutionary Road". My main attraction to this movie was of course Leo and Kate. It was nominated for some big time awards, so I thought with that combination the movie would be worth while. Not. So. Much. I did not like this movie. You don't really get any introductions of their life's (Leo & Kate), you just see them meet, and then all of a sudden they are married have 2 kids and are fighting. The ending was horrible, and made no sense with the rest of the story. I don't recommend this.
Tonight I settled down to watch "He's Just not That Into You". Classic chick flick. Good movie, great cast. This movie has a great turn of events, and does a good job to keep you watching a classic subject. Who knows if we'll ever get the true dynamics of men and women. I suppose that is what keeps things interesting.
*since I don't know what is going to happen with the guy I saw last night, I will just be referring to him as P, until I feel more comfortable sharing more. :)
Hope everyone had a Happy 4th of July!

1 comment:

Emily said...

Sounds like a good day! I haven't seen any of those movies, but I really wanted to see Revoluationary Road, now I know not to waste my time!