Wednesday, July 22, 2009

have you done this today?

I truly enjoy my Soul Grooves class at the gym. The instructor is different. And by different, I mean different good. She creates a class where it is easy to open up and move as if nobody is watching. During her class she always does different moves, and says things to get you to move differently. She'll ask "have you moved your body this way, yet today?" which forces you to enjoy today for today. for this exact moment. It is the perfect excuse to move your body in a way that you have never moved it, let alone for that day. So it makes you appreciate everything for the day and for the moment.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How could anyone not enjoy a class called "Soul Grooves?" It seems like Barry White should be teaching it.

Anonymous said...

Well, I've been doing Yoga and have never done Yoga before . . . that I remember!
So ALL moves are new to me and almost all moves are difficult.
Time will tell.
I know you enjoy all your classes.

Have a good weekend.

Love, Mom