Monday, July 6, 2009

"the story"

So I'm having trouble balancing everything right now. I had my second date with P yesterday, and it was great, although I'm already starting to find somethings that I don't like, however I can't quite put my finger on what it is I don't like. I'm still not too sure what to share about this experience on here in the blogging world, but I have a couple of ideas in mind.

...you may have noticed I blogged twice Saturday, because I didn't have a chance to blog on Friday, because of my first date with P. And that I have blogged twice today, because of my second date with P, which was yesterday. Trying to keep up with working out, blogging when I work out, and this new dating experience/social life is not the easiest thing! But I'm trying. :) ...thankfully as you may have noticed it hasn't stopped my work out schedule!

This whole experience is so surprisingly unexpected. Let me tell you the story and some of my feelings about what is going on.

I met P last Friday June 26th when I went out with some coworkers. We went to a bar where P has a second job as a bouncer. I know now that he "noticed" me right away. I was oblivious. After listening to the live band for a few songs we decided to leave. P was outside, after the introductions and him asking if I was single, I still didn't think anything of it. Then at one point in time he comes behind me and touches my shoulder. It was at that point in time, where I said to myself "oh yeah, he likes me." Immediately I was flattered. It had been SO long since a guy had flirted with me. After that encounter we (myself and my co-workers) decided to walk around the rest of Olde Town Arvada and check out the other bars. We did eventually come back to see P, where he asked me to come and sit with him. The one thing that freaked me out right away, is P is very touchy feely. During our conversation he had his arm around me and was rubbing my side. I didn't get quite used to it. When we left he asked for my number, and I gave it to him.

He called me on Tuesday. I returned his call on Friday. We had an amazing phone conversation on Friday, which led to us meeting for a late dinner. We communicate the same and are very honest. I've grown more comfortable with his touch, so I have gotten more comfortable touching him, and being affectionate with him.

It's crazy to think that 2 weeks ago this guy wasn't in my life, and all of a sudden he is. I don't know what tomorrow will bring or what will happen, but I do know that I want to remember these feelings. He compliments like no other guy has ever done before, and usually compliments will make me uncomfortable, but with him I feel they are sincere and I like them. Right now, I know if anything this will be a great experience for me to learn and grow from.

4 comments:

Emily said...

Interesting! Thanks for sharing the story, I'll be interested to hear how things work out. I can't even remember what it's like to flirt and date. Sheesh it makes me feel old. How fun! What was your second date?

April said...

Emily, we just hung out at my place for our second date. i had stuff to do around my house so i invited him over. and i cooked dinner.

Anonymous said...

As always, I am excited to hear more but won't press.

Love and Prayers,
Mom

Rachel said...

I'm excited for you, April, have fun. :-)