Sunday, July 12, 2009

Lucky Star

Last night Cheryl and I went dancing. It was a lot of fun to go out in downtown Denver. We went to Suite 200.
One of the funnest trips of my life was the Summer of 2001 when my friend Sarah and I had an impromptu trip to Denver. On this trip we went dancing to a place called Lucky Star. Now as you may or may not know, but clubs usually have the life span of only 3 or 4 years, before they become old news. Lucky Star was a super fun dance club, and essentially closed down somewhere between 2004 and 2008. Where Lucky Star used to be is now, Suite 200. So it's kinda like I've gone full circle.

The music was good, the atmosphere chic, the drinks expensive, the cover free, and the company fierce!

Cheryl is my gorgeous 22 year old cousin, who is about to graduate from NMSU(New Mexico State University, in Las Cruces, NM). When I was 21/22 I worked full time, and I seriously don't remember working. I had some of the best times in my life during those 2 years. And I'm pretty sure Cheryl is having a blast in her life right now, too!

It was a lot of fun to be out and enjoying downtown Denver and showing Cheryl all of the sights!

We did lots of shopping, including the Cherry Creek Mall, the 16th Street Mall, the Orchard Towne Center, Pearl Street, and Highlands Square. We road 2 rides at Elitch Garden's...more and more I realize that Elitch's is not a fun amusement park. A lot of the rides were not running, and the rides that were had a hour long wait. We had a nice lazy afternoon followed by a great dinner in Boulder at the Cheesecake Factory. It had been a long time since I had walked around Pearl Street in Boulder, and it is probably one of the most entertaining places you could go in Colorado. We saw a couple of pretty good street performers. One called the Zip Code Man. He was very impressive. He seriously picked out 20+ people from the audience who told them their zip code, placed them in the state the zip code was from, then when he placed everyone in their state, he recalled their zip code and told him the town they lived in. It was seriously amazing to watch. For a Sunday night Pearl Street was pretty busy.

It was great to spend some quality time with my cousin!

Chery & and I @ the D-Note
Cheryl & I @ Suite 200
Zip Code Man

Boulder, CO

2 comments:

Nikki said...

You two are so pretty! I love the update. I love Pearl Street too. I think the last time I was there ws with you. I would have loved to see the zip code guy. Fun times :)

Anonymous said...

Great smiles.

Missing yours!