Saturday, May 29, 2010

week 9: half way there!!!

first let me say i hate to be the debbie downer that i was in my last update. i'm not that person. and i strive to not be that person. however we all do have our down moments, but right now i'm moving in the direction i want and i feel that i'll definitely be having more positive moments than negative.
now for the big news and some of the numbers. the big news is that i have officially crossed my half way point! when i first started this journey the big goal was to lose 120 pounds. and when this journey comes to an end that will be the end result. as of today i have lost a total of 63 pounds, 23 of those pounds on this slimgenics program. so technically i'm more than half way to my goal. with that said, i'm ecstatic! i haven't been able to sleep i'm so flippin' excited, tossing and turning about what the next few months will bring. plus this week is my biggest weight loss with 8 pounds lost! it still seems surreal that all of this is happening.
i had a turning point this week that focused all of my attention on what it is i ate. a light bulb went off inside of my head and my mental being convinced my physical being that i can do this.
last night a friend came over and i did some shopping in my closet.
along with losing these 63 pounds, this coming week i'll cross another big threshold. i'll be the thinnest i remember being in my adult life. i have 3 more pounds to lose and every number after that will be a number i have never been. ....well i have, i just don't remember. i've been one of those over weight people, who have always been over weight. so i don't know what it is like. even now, i feel like i'm starting to look "normal" and it's weird. but i am most definitely looking forward to seeing the numbers continue to decrease, and crossing that line in uncharted territory.
anyways, this friend came over and i decided to go shopping in my closet. i got rid of a bunch of clothes, and found that i easily fit into clothes that i haven't worn for the past 5 years. it was great to have her there and hear her say "yeah, that's waaaaay too big for you." although i will admit that some of the stuff i got rid of is pretty cute, and i was sad to see it go. but, i have a feeling i'll get over it. :)
although this journey is still a struggle, and is still super hard, i can see a clearer picture of this plan becoming a way of life. and the sooner that picture becomes completely clear the easier this plan will be created as a way of life.
elliptical 50min
treadmill 35min
866
-8lbs

6 comments:

Emily said...

April! That is AMAZING! I can't even lose 5 pounds in a YEAR, let alone eight in one week. I am so proud of you! You are amazing. Congratulations!

Rachel said...

Oh April, I'm so happy for you! My eyes teared up as I read this post. Awesome, awesome, awesome!

Nikki said...

That's fantastic. I am very proud of you! You've been working very hard, and it's evident with the results you're seeing! Love you bunches!

sarahlove said...

You can and you are!!!

So fantastic!

Anonymous said...

You're allowed to have your debbie downer moments once in a while and you are definitely allowed to have your Yay Me moments too...8 pounds...Wow! This is a huge Yay Me moment for you and I am so happy for you! Congratulations...your hard work is paying off in a big way! - Kari

Anonymous said...

Dearest Daughter:
I can only say from the bottom of my heart how you touch me and have inspired me.
I went to the doctor yesterday and bragged about you and told the doctor because of YOU - I have lost 4lbs since March AND my A1C dropped .5.
So too I am getting there thanks to you!!! Thank you, thank you.
Love, MOM