Monday, May 17, 2010

never say never x2

today i have done two things that i never thought i would do. so lets get started. i decided to take part in an online challenge i read on this blog. this is something i never really pictured myself doing. i've been following this blog for a couple of months now and this whole blogging world is just so crazy.
today lyn wrote about finding something that you like about your body that doesn't include your hair or your eyes. she specifically asked: what's your best part? when she wrote that and you couldn't pick said parts i immediately thought "i have nothing." nothing that i really like about my body. and then i continued reading and i thought to myself "my neck". and this is fairly new. i'm finally losing some weight in my face, and you can literally see my face, see my neckline, see my shoulder blades. ....i think they are kinda hot, if i'm being honest, which i am!
check 'em out for yourself: part of the challenge was to post pictures of your part:

*****************************************

now for the second thing, which i'm much more excited about. ever sense i finished my last 5k i've gotten the urge to get outside. i really enjoy being outside and i've read a few different places that it is best to get 30 minutes of sunlight a day. ...i think it has something to do with getting calcium or something like that? anyways.
the neighborhood that i live in is surrounded by lots of parks and open spaces. i've driven by this specific open space lots of different times, and each time i see it i tell myself that one day i'm going to go walk around it. today was that day! on friday i had myself convinced that i would go jogging outside as my saturday morning workout. well it rained pretty much all friday afternoon into evening, and this specific trail is a dirt trail. and well running in mud isn't really my idea of fun.
then today as i was pulling into my garage to go change then go to the gym i decided that today was the perfect day for my first ever by myself outside workout. the weather was perfect. i had no excuses like "it's too hot" "it's too cold". i have no set monday workout, so outside it was. i went to this beautiful open area with a huge pond and geese all over. their are many advantages to working out outside. first, you are outside in nature, the blue sky the bright sun, fluffy clouds. being active. but their are some disadvantages as well. you don't know how fast you are going, or the distance you have gone, and unless you want to jog with a water bottle you have no water.
it took me about 20 minutes to complete one lap of this particular "track". so i'm guessing 1 lap is a little bit more than one mile. ...i figured out how to see the time on my ipod! i went around 3 times so i'm thinking i did between 3.5 miles - 4 miles. and boy, jogging outside is so completely different than on a treadmill. jogging against the wind is not fun. but i truly enjoyed being outside. it was pure joy, and i feel so lucky to have this space to explore here in colorado! i definitely see outdoor workouts in my future.

doing all of these things i never thought i would do makes me appreciate so much. i'm enjoying being on this journey. doing things completely out of my comfort zone. pushing myself to do things completely out of my comfort zone. it is a slow process getting to know the new "me" but i'm pretty sure i'm going to like her!
jog/walk 64min

6 comments:

Lyn said...

This is SO awesome! I love that you chose a part and posted it, especially because you're right! You do have such a lovely shoulder/neck area! You look slim and feminine. I am so glad you can see this about yourself... that is a hard task for those of us who have had negative body images. You are doing great!

Anonymous said...

of course you're going to like her..It still April, just in a thinner, healthier, more adventurous package! Whats not to like about that?!? muah! your neck is very pretty.:) -Kari

Nikki said...

Way to go April. Running outside is a beautiful thing, especially when you live in Denver!

Anonymous said...

You have a beautiful neck! Also on your running this week, you are a great inspiration...I am now planning to run after work today:) THANK YOU!

Emily said...

VERY nice. i like my...um...ears.

Anonymous said...

I cannot tell often enough the inspiration you are too all of us! My excitement rocks my core girl!
And I am grinning from ear to ear but I think my ears are getting bigger!
Calcium and vitamin D are important for your beauty and you are!!

Love you so much, miss you, MOM