Sunday, May 30, 2010

full circle


yesterday morning i met my friend sarah to go see "sex and the city 2". i was looking forward to seeing my friend and going to the movies with her. you see when the original "sex and the city" movie came out 2 years ago, it was sarah i went with. it was 2008 i was sad and depressed, and sarah was pregnant 7 months with her first child. i remember crying at the end of this movie, because it seemed as though everyone got their happy ending, and i was sad because it seemed like i was never going to get mine. i felt so heart broken, actually broken all around and i just broke down. i think both sarah and i were both surprised by my sudden out burst of tears.
this go around was completely different, but in some aspects were exactly the same. sarah is now expecting her second child(next month)! as for me. i'm not sad, and i'm not depressed. i'm working on creating my happy ending.

as for the movie, even though i cried at the end of the first one i enjoyed the first one so much better. i would have to say that you can definitely pass on SATC 2. the story was just ok, and parts of it were just too much. especially some of the clothes. some of the outfits weren't even fashionable, it was like the wardrobe people were just trying to be over the top just to be over the top. and it didn't look good. and i'm all about having some R rated fun, and SATC is known for that, but in this movie it just wasn't good. it was like they put it in there just to have it in the movie. with that said, nothing really flowed in this movie. the destinations were amazing, so that was nice, but that was about it.
what i did take away from this movie is one of the quotes carrie said at the end. it had something to do with going along with tradition but decorating it your own way. as much as i would like to be living the "tradition" i thought my life would take ....love, marriage, kids, i'm decorating the tradition my own way. focusing on myself, being happy, creating my happiness.
STRIKE! 60min
689

4 comments:

Emily said...

I have to say I thought this movie looked sooo stupid. I haven't ever watched it (I've seen a few scenes on TBS but that's it) so it's not really my thing anyway, but the previews for this movie just looked ridiculous. I'm glad my assessment was on target.

Nikki said...

I saw this movie, and it wasn't my thing. I wouldn't recommend it either. But I did like the spiky shoulder armor that Samantha wore in one segment, very fashionable!

Anonymous said...

Never really watched "Sex in the City" so I kinda just glossed over this blog thinking it was about the movie...after talking to you tonight, I now know I was so wrong, April. Just goes to show, "dont judge a book by its cover!!" I love this blog, because it illustrates your journey from where you were in '08 and where you are now, from sad and depressed to happy and hopeful. You will have a happy ending, because you are creating it for yourself. Yay for you! Im glad you encouraged me to read this, I would have missed out if I hadn't! -Kari

Anonymous said...

I am less needy to be entertained. I won't go spend money on this movie but will wait to get mindless entertainment when it comes to TV!!!

Love, MOM