Saturday, May 15, 2010

week 7: good but not great

i made a promise, and i try to do everything to keep my promises. i made a promise to not gain. as of right now i have kept my promise. this week was another difficult one. but for every week that does pass i'm slowly realizing how much of this struggle is mental. so right now my focus is keeping my mental health in check, along with my emotional health and physical health. ....the body is crazy. so much to keep up with. know what i mean?

just when i thought this journey was just about the physical i learn that it's not. this journey is about so much more. which really makes it that much harder. it isn't just about asking my mouth what to eat, but it is also about asking my head, and my stomach. i have 3 little angels and 3 little devils. a set for my mental self, a set for my emotional self, and a set for my physical health. and they like to challenge me, because most of the time they aren't on the same page. my job as the controller over all of them is to get them all on the same page for all of the time. this is not an easy job.

right now it is my emotional time of the month, and my challenge for myself is when i go in on tuesday is to be down. ...because majority of the time i'm up. weekends are hard. as much as i try to plan, the weekends are full of temptations. right now my hunger is being driven by my emotions and by my cravings.

i was hoping to be at a certain point for this post, but that didn't happen, so i'm hoping it'll happen later this week for me to share with you.

so for right now i'll be happy with my small accomplishment of a 2 pound loss. and work towards what i hope will be a bigger number for next week.

STRIKE! 60min
-2lbs

4 comments:

Emily said...

CONGRATULATIONS ON 2 POUNDS! That is AWESOME. Seriously! Be proud of yourself!

Anonymous said...

Proud, proud, so very proud... you are my inspiration. I'm hungry now so your words of wisdom are coming at an appropriate time.
I'm going to eat cottage cheese!!!

Thank you.

Love MOM

Anonymous said...

Proud of you you. Thank you for the inspiration.
I am going to go eat cottage cheese, 'cause I'm hungry.

Thanks. Love MOM

Nikki said...

Love you, I think that that's a huge accomplishment, by the way!