Monday, March 14, 2011

The Places I've Been: SD


via
Black Hills, South Dakota

I haven't spent a lot of time in South Dakota. But I do feel it has been long enough to mention here. I had lunch in the Black Hills of South Dakota on my road trip to North Dakota in March 2005 with my ex-boyfriend Aaron. Wow...just about 6 years ago. Six years almost to the day if I think about it, because I was in Bismarck on St. Patrick's Day 2005. Talk about timing...anyways.

I remember on the drive Aaron was so excited to show me the Black Hills. And I was excited because he was so excited. I'm not too sure what I was expecting, but it was something different. Something other than mountains. But let me be honest, the Black Hills are just mountains. In my opinion nothing too special about them. We had lunch in a cute little area that I can describe as Black Hawk, CO for those of you that have been there. A classic cowboy town.

It was a fun little venture in the Northwest corner of South Dakota.
elliptical 30min
treadmill 30min

2 comments:

Nikki said...

You're funny. I think the excitment, and build up outweighed the actual experience. I can relate with high school dances. I always got too excited.

sarahlove said...

This might surprise you to learn that I've been to South Dakota too. The hills were amazing!!! I loved it there. I documented 28 weddings in 7 days. Yes, I did. Crazy huh?? That's a story for another day.... :)