Friday, November 26, 2010

my turkey day

yesterday was pretty much perfect for me. i woke up and went to the gym for my favorite workout STRIKE! with my favorite people. then i came home and had a yummy breakfast just in time to watch the end of the macy's thanksgiving day parade. the afternoon was spent watching "love actually" (LOVE that movie) and putting up christmas decorations.
my house completely transforms at christmastime and i love it. it is a big chore putting up all the decorations put oh so worth it. i rearrange my whole entire living room, and it is quiet the task cleaning and putting everything in its place.
here are all the decorations
the moving of the couches to make room for the tree
i didn't get to the tree yesterday, but did get everything up before having to make a corn casserole then head out the door to my friend Sara's house for thanksgiving dinner.
sarah, me, kim, and sara
i'm so thankful to have such a tight knit group of friends. all of whom i have met at the gym. after dinner we had fabulous fun x-rated conversation! the food was perfect...turkey, gravy, stuffing, green bean casserole, cheese pudding, scallops potatoes, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, corn casserole, salad, and rolls.
...and the best for last:
dessert
sopapilla cheesecake, brownie truffle, and pecan pie ~ all courtesy of Sarah, AKA BFC.
so good!
after dinner was some retail therapy with my friend april. kortny a friend of mine from the gym invited us up to the loveland outlets for some late night shopping at tommy hilfiger. i got some great deals (thanks kortny!!!)!
check it out:
2 blouses, 2 sweaters, 1 pair of jeans (size 14!!!)
and an outfit for my Goddaughter for Christmas.

all $110!!!
thanks to april for driving up to loveland and the wonderful night shopping!
i am so thankful for so much. and my turkey day was spent with quality all around. great workout, fabulous food, amazing company...i'm seriously so blessed.
elliptical 30min
treadmill 35min
612

4 comments:

Emily said...

Son confusing! Too many Aprils and Sara's. :)

Looks like such a great day, I love that you got to spend it with your friends. And I really love that striped sweater on the right.

Emily said...

So, not son. sorry!

Nikki said...

What a great day! I agree. There are so much to be thankful for with wonderful friends!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had an awesome day with great company! So glad you are surrounded by good people. You deserve that. Cute clothes too!

<3 Kari