Wednesday, November 17, 2010

question of the week:

what kind of moisturizer do you use?

so to be honest i don't put a lot of time into my face. i don't wear make-up daily, if weekly for that matter. and it has only been in the last 6 years or so that i started wearing daily moisturizer on my face. who knows what i started out with, but lately (the past few years) i've been wearing Olay moisturizer. i like it fine, but sometimes feel like i want something extra. like that little shimmer or shine. so a few months ago when i got a facial i asked my esthetician friend what she would recommend. well last week i finally ran out of my olay and went to this new stuff. and i do not like it. it dries out my skin like crazy, and puts a white sheen on my face so i look like a ghost. not attractive.

***************

so i ask:
what kind of moisturizer do you use/recommend?
elliptical 30min
treadmill 30min

5 comments:

Vicki P. said...

Arbonne has some great moisturizers. There's also a sheer glow that you can mix in with the moisturizer if you want to have a little glow. I'd recommend a tinted moisturizer. I have samples if you want to try them. :)

Vicki Peters

reflections said...

I have used Oil of Olay w/ SPF in it since I was 18. EVERY day. I know that this is why my skin has stayed healthy all these years. I also LOVE Hope in a jar, the one w/ spf but it is insanely expensive. Go to Sephora, they have some great stuff there and the ppl that work there know their stuff.

Emily said...

I use Neutrogena moisturizer with sunscreen in it. I've used it since I was like 13, and I love it. I mostly love that it's SPF 15 so I don't have to add extra sunscreen when I'm going to be outside. I also use Kiehl's avocado eye cream under my eyes. It's super moisturizing and makes my eyes look less wrinkly.

SingleGal said...

I swear by clinique products. I try to take care of my face but its just so darn hard! For a little extra moisture, I use Clinique Superdefense SPF 25.. Yea It's a little (more so alot) pricier than the o-t-c stuff, but I really like. The yellow dramatically different lotion from clinique that everyone uses is just ok for me. I feel like it doesn't moisturize as well as it should. If you are hesitant to try anything from them, you can always ask for samples. They normally are pretty happy to give you a little pot full of creme to see if you like it enough to buy it. People tell me I look younger than I really am...not sure if its in my genes or the face lotion I use, but I'm not about to change my lotion to see so I swear by Clinique stuff!

Good luck on your search!

sarahlove said...

Take Vikki up on her Arbonne samples! I love Arbonne products. They are pricey up front BUT they last forever- so it end up being a better value. They are the BEST products!!