Monday, October 11, 2010

ABQ Race for the Cure

pre race: me, mom, and michelle
pre race: arriving at isotopes park
the race
post race: proud dad and daughter
post race: me, mom, and michelle
post race: mom, dad, and daughter

so yesterday i did another 5K. the Race for the Cure in Albuquerque. it was the perfect excuse to go home for a short weekend.
the race was a lot of fun. it started and ended at isotopes park, which is the baseball team in albuquerque, although rumor as it that the duke's are coming back? anyways. one of my bestest friends Michelle did this race with me, and we agreed to just do it on our own so that neither one of us would feel like we were keeping the other behind. i totally agreed and was immediately relieved. the biggest difference between this race and last weeks race was at this race i had cheerleaders. my parents! my mom and dad were there at the finish line to hug and congratulate me! that was a great feeling. my dad told me he was proud of my and hugged me tight, and that in itself was worth the trip alone!
unfortunately i didn't beat my time, and finished this 5k in 40 minutes. i get so frustrated with myself, because i know i could have pushed myself more, and have no excuse for not pushing myself more, except for my own laziness. i do have another 5k that i'm doing in 2 weeks, and this one will be with all of my gym friends, hopefully that'll force me to push myself and i'll end with a better time.
this route did have a part that was uphill, and although it was a really small incline, it was an still a challenge, and i let that get the best (or worse) of me.
it seems to be that i'm totally getting into this whole race thing.
seriously who is this chick?! i'm thinking i'll keep her around for awhile.
5k 40min
428

4 comments:

Nikki said...

Good job, April. I love all the pictures. What a great treat to have cheerleaders, and a nice hug at the end!

Emily said...

Congrats! Looks like a great time, and I totally want one of those shirts. And I miss Michelle.

Anonymous said...

WOW! is right.
Loved every moment with you.
Love and miss you, can hardly wait til Christmas.
MOM

sarahlove said...

As a runner (which by the way- you ARE a runner now) you will have those runs where you know your could have pushed harder. Don't dwell on that though. Just think how you did finished while others just stayed home and sat on the couch.

:o)