Sunday, February 13, 2011

bitter ball

last night i dragged my single, co-worker friend julie to Slacker and Steve's Bitter Ball. slacker and steve are the afternoon personalities on alice 105.9. this "ball" is advertised as a singles event, with half male and half female in attendance. with activities such as spin-the-bottle to help get acquainted with one another.
we dressed up all fancy, went out and had a fancy dinner prior at TAG restaurant downtown, where we got some liquid courage for the night ahead of us!
i'm so happy that i have julie to take with me for all of these crazy events!
julie and i at the bitter ball
we even had super fancy shoes!
red and gold ~ oh la la....
julie and i at dinner
i got this cute little black dress while i was home during the holidays at francesca's. SO cute! and i love that i can now shop and buy clothes at cute little boutique's like this one.

i would definitely call the evening a success. i was bragging all week long about how i was so excited to play spin-the-bottle. but when it came down to it, i just couldn't do it...maybe i didn't have enough to drink?! thankfully julie attracts lots of guys, so the guys' friends' would end up chatting with me. i did meet one guy, and we had fun. but that's it. we danced and flirted. overall a fun and very interesting night.
strike! 60min

3 comments:

Emily said...

Oh, thank goodness! I thought you got stood up on a date or something. (the "bitter" threw me off). You girls look hot! Sounds fun. I couldn't have done spin the bottle either. No way.

s said...

The bitterness threw me off too! I was worried. Whew! I was gonna request that you give me his name and number!! LOL

Nikki said...

I am glad you have fun. I love the shoes, and I love you!