Saturday, July 31, 2010

week 17 & 18: catching up

so i'm not going to talk a lot about last week because well it is in the past and their is nothing i can do about last week. i obviously didn't "weigh-in" last saturday because i was on vacation in RI relaxing on the beach! one thing i happy to report about my trip, is how conscious i am of my food decisions. while on vacation i definitely sought after healthy food. i didn't stress about staying on plan, but rather focused on eating healthy(although i did indulge a few times). in fact from my weigh-in prior to my trip (7/19) to my weigh-in after i got back (7/26) i was actually down. so i lost weight while on vacation! something i am proud of!

back to current time. this week was ok. i'm slacking. and i have been slacking. i need to get back to basics. show myself that i can do this. without cheating, without starving, and start losing weight again. i'm at this cross roads where i just want to be done. i need to strictly plan out all of my meals, and stick to it. no cheating(am i starting to sound like a broken record?). none. get my confidence back in regards to this plan.
since 7/17 i'm down 4 pounds. but since i was up 2 pounds on 7/17 from 7/10 (and 7/3), i'm really only down 2 pounds. which really means that i'm only down 2 pounds for the entire month of july. not good. but i'm another number that i've never been, and seeing that number on the scale this morning felt great, and i want to continue on that feeling. i need to get over my "fear" and realize that this is my new reality. that this happening. that i have done this, that i can continue to do this.
being this person i have never been is a good feeling. i have so much to grow upon. who knew that you could grow while shrinking?! ...haha, get it?
anyways i'm tired. i've had a long day. today's workout was my zumba certification! i probably did about 4 hours of cardio today, and the class will be a blog in itself, so don't worry you will get the full details!
zumba cert.
-4lbs

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So friggin awesome...that is all I have to say!! -Kari

Anonymous said...

Actually, the above comment was meant for the Zumba blog, but I got ahead of myself....Turns out it was appropriate for this one too! Way to go April. Its so hard to keep on track while on vacation.. You did it!! YAY!

Anonymous said...

The thing is 'Don't beat yourself up' . . .
You are aware of the lifestyle change and half the battle is the mental and you are making healthy choices which from day to day; moment to moment will make you a Winner - actually you already are a "WINNER"! And we are so proud of you.
Again I will say you are my inspiration.
Due to you I am without weight gain this summer and I have you to thank.

Love you so much, MOM