Thursday, July 15, 2010

Lilith Fair '10

tuesday night i went out!
i went to lilith fair.
the main reason i wanted to go to this concert was to see kelly clarkson.
she canceled all of her lilith fair tour dates last week.
booooooooooooo!
the other reason i wanted to go was to make friends.
hang out with some girls i know and meet some new girls.
because of that fact alone, this night was a success.
sara (with no H {i know i know, how many "sarah's" do i know? a LOT!}) is a STRIKEer at the gym. i went to her house for the 4th of july BBQ, and she invited me to this show because she had an extra ticket.

the two performances that i knew were ingrid michaelson and sarah mclachlan. i really enjoyed ingrid michaelson. her performance was actually comical. her last number was britney spears "toxic" and at the end she and her band did this really cute dance routine. it made the whole number! and of course sarah mclachlan. i've seen her twice before (one of those times was at lilith fair '99?). sarah is a classic performer, and is amazing live. such a beautiful voice.

but like i said what made this show was the company.

a big group of us met for a yummy lunch before the show:

we got a group pic behind a "green screen":
it's a sara(h) sandwich:
sara, me, and sarah
i see a dear true friend in sarah. building a solid friendship this stage in my life isn't the easiest thing to do. but i feel that sarah and i both are doing it.
sarah and i
well i look good :) sarah and her tongue and sara

the other sarah

STRIKE! 60min
616

6 comments:

sarahlove said...

I saw the "Sara/h sandwich' photo on fb and I had to click on it bc I thought- 'who's that skinny girl in the middle?' Holy smokes April!!! I don't even know what to say.

Wait. Yes I do.

You look HOT!

SOOOO jealous (but happy for you) that you got to see Ingrid! (That's on my bucket list!!)

Nikki said...

That's so cool! i don't know who ingrid michaelson is, I'll have to look her up. I am so glad you were able to do that!! i am also glad you have a great friendship with Sarah!

April said...

@Sarah- HA! I don't think "skinny" is quite the right adjective, but I'll take it. Thank you so much!

Anonymous said...

So cool that you got to go to Lilith Fair. Power to the Girls!! And, yeah...Who's the skinny chick in between the two Sara's. She looks vaguely familiar!

Anonymous said...

You look absolutely marvelous!!!
And love that top on you.

Love MOM

Sarah Zook said...

Had a BLAST with you, April. I look forward to many more conversations and silly times together :)