Saturday, July 3, 2010

week 14: i listen

first off i want to say thank you. thank you to those who read my blog, and faithfully leave comments. i truly truly appreciate it! i feel like sometimes i need to reply to specific comments that i get, but then i get lazy, and i don't. well this is in response to all of those times. thanks so much for all of your compliments and words of encouragement! and with that let me say, that getting compliments for me is very uncomfortable, and i felt i should have let that be known in that post. and i never want people to compliment me because they feel like that they have to, and i hope i haven't come across that way. this whole experience is just weird. and i know i use that word a lot but i really don't know of another word to describe all the changes going on around me, in me. i suppose if i really thought about it some other words could be: strange, uncomfortable, unfamiliar, unknown, alien, unexplored (yes, i did just google: "other words for strange").
but i want you to know that i take your comments to heart, and sometimes follow their advise. example emily's comment in creating a habit in 42 days. at that specific time i went to the calendar and counted out 42 days. that put me right to the end of June. i thought wow, perfect timing. i even marking on my calendar on 6/30 "42 days". and every time i looked at that, i knew that it meant that was my timeline of creating the habit of eating healthy. for the most part it worked. lately i have noticed that i am definitely more conscious of what it is that i eat, and making sure it is on plan. but i have also dealt with reality, that i will cheat. that i won't be perfect, and the pressure to do just that is just too much and isn't realistic. so instead i'll deal with it and move on. because honestly i cheat just about every single day. granted it isn't anything major. in fact i couldn't tell you the last time i cheated on a whole meal. but i do cheat.
for instance, i'm not a coffee drinker. not at all. but recently at the break room on my floor their have been flavored creamers. that is my weakness when it comes to coffee. and well creamer isn't on plan. but i will have some coffee with one of those little containers of flavored creamer. so that'll be my cheat for the day. so again, nothing major. nothing that'll break me and cause me to gain all of weight back. and i know that, so i don't give myself a hard time about it.
if having that cup of coffee with creamer is what i have instead of going and getting some peanut M&M's then i say i'm making progress. and you know what? i know that. i am making progress. and who knows maybe one day i'll go without creamer at all. so thanks emily for that little tip.
with that, this week was a slow week, as i knew that it would be after my super loss from last week. my parents are in town, and i'm not eating that great. i'm down a pound this week! another pound lost, i'll take it! having my blog and such a great support system during this journey means the world to me. knowing that i have people rooting for me, definitely helps. so thank you, and in addition to all of your words of motivation i look forward to a big celebration when this part of my journey is over with!
treadmill 20min
strictly strength 60min
789

-1lbs

2 comments:

Nikki said...

go april, go april, go april. That's me cheering for you :). Sounds like you have a good perspective on it all. Love you!

Anonymous said...

You kinda lost me on the compliment thing. Was there a previous post that got deleted?..Anyway, just getting back into town and catching up on things and you have all kinds of great postings for me to see. Yay. Just for the record, I compliment because you deserve it and you've earned it. I am sure you already know that they are sincere, but I thought I'd just throw that out there, in case there was any doubt. Also, you might want to get used to the compliments, because you are looking fabulous and its noticable. People cant help but notice...Just sayin.. ;) -Love Kari

PS- call me tonight, if you went to see Eclipse yesterday!! I am so eager to see it, I can hardly stand myself...LOL