Sunday, November 29, 2009

The Places I've Been: IL




to honor the thanksgiving weekend coming to an end, i want to give thanks to one of my closest friends, Michelle. she spent almost 3 years as a traveling nurse, and it is because of her i've seen Chicago, Illinois. i was in Chicago October 2008 to celebrate her 29th birthday. at the time she was working in Madison, WI and she met me in Chicago for her birthday weekend.
i loved Chicago. we had a perfect time. the weather, the sight seeing, the company. all perfect. the city was so much fun. read details here, and see more pictures here.
one day i would love to go back to Chicago and soak up the city even more.

2 comments:

Emily said...

SO FUN. i bet that was a blast! i went to chicago with my family when i was 19--we DROVE from albuquerque for my brother-in-law's medical school graduation (he's from chicago). i LOVED it. my favorite was shopping on michigan avenue. my mom even bought a pair of gucci shoes while we were there, which she gave to me a year later because they hurt her feet. we went to the shedd aquarium and had lunch at the top of the hancock building. BEAUTIFUL city.

Nikki said...

I would totally love to go to Chicago again. I think it's my favorite city in the States. And I am thankful that you and Michelle have always been good friends. You are a blessing to her too!